XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo Crash Site

adidamps2

ok i had a question, and i didnt see a thread discussing it... so here it is.

i have shot down say a med scout ship and imediately go to the site with a crew and find the ship to be in dismall shape...next to no walls, or portions of ceiling missing, what have you..maybe even an alien or 2 already dead when when my crew arrives right after a shoot down.

however if i wait a few hrs (around 8+hrs) when i arrive i have found ships in what appears to be pristine condition. no holes in roofs or aliens dead on the board. its like they started to repair their ship and administror 1st aid to their alian crew as they waited for my Xcom team to arrive.

and i know it's not my ship weapons that are determining the ship damage as all of my ships are outfitted the same. laser cannon and plasma cannon.

so i guess my real question is. do aliens "REPAIR" their ships over time and is it more benifiscial (SP) to wait before i send a crew in to a downed UFO site?

so i guess my real question is. do aliens "REPAIR" their ships over time and is it more benifiscial (SP) to wait before i send a crew in to a downed UFO site?

It hasn't been proven yet, but from what I've seen UFO's do not repair over time. One of these days, I'm going to log the quantity of alien alloys recovered from newly shot down UFO vs that of one which sat around on the map for a while. ;)

- Zombie

Crash sites have random damaged no matter how early or how later you go to them. You can see this by saving just before entering, inspecting the damage and then reloading and repeating the process a few times.

What time could have is determining the weight of the damage type distribution. I mean it could be more likely to easily obtain excessive damage minutes after the crash, while it's easier to get an almost intact ship the closer it gets to its expiry time. But that's just a guess. I like to think that the programmers took the easier approach and just made it random.

- NKF