XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Any Help Appreciated

jarlaxle

Hi I used this site about a year ago to link to an editor that I can't find anymore (yes frustrating) I found either the "new" version or the old version of it. It was listed simply as "ufosaved.zip" and unzips to 3 main files (and of course the additional language files) "ufosaved.exe",ufosaved.pak" and the readme which i will post here and hopefully it wont be too long the main point is I'm looking for the one that has instead of "make all soldiers greatest to the one that is "make all soldiers like this one " (which is the version I used to have) I believe strongly that is the same author which is why im posting the readme. If you wish to help please just read the "soldier" category and ignore the rest the rest of the GUI interface is perfect I just don't want to have to click on the over 80 soldiers I have if I can find the "old" version of this editor or the newer or whichever one had as I said before not" all soldiers greatest" but all soldiers "like this one" In other words Id like to design one soldier (just up him slightly) and then make all soldiers like him/her which seems to have been taken out (I dont want a team of "supermen and women". Thanks in advance for any help any of you can provide heres the readme...

And, oops I just noticed the attachment area so ill just add the entire editor thing and anyone who wishes to help can take a look. Thanks again for any help.

UFOSAVED - UFO: Enemy Unknow. Saved game editor

CHANGING THE AMOUNT OF MONEY
-----------------------------

Just type the new amount and click on Save. The greatest value is 2147483647.
If you exceed this amount in the game, the number will become negative, so it's better
to use a lower number like 2100000000, which is a good amount.

EDITING BASES
-------------

To build a structure you just have to select it in the right-hand buttons and
click on a suitable position in the base screen. If the structure is a hangar you will
have to click on the position that will be the hangar upper-left corner. To dismantle
one, you have to click on 'Dismantle' and then on the structure you want to dismantle.
The 'End Construction' button makes all the structures to be automatically finished. A
structure is under construction when there is a number on it. This is the number of
remaining game days to finish the construction.
You can change the base name clicking on it and typing a new one. Also, you
can modify the number of scientists and engineers on the base with the + and - buttons,
or clicking over the number and typing the new amount. To save changes just click on
'Save', or else click on 'Cancel' to return to the main menu without saving.
If you place the mouse pointer on one of the base screen icons, a description
of that structure will be shown in the status bar.

MODIFYING SOLDIERS' SKILLS
--------------------------

You can change any of the soldiers' skills just clicking on the + and -
buttons next to the skill value you want to change, or clicking on the skill value and
typing the new one. Clicking on 'Get this soldier greatest' the soldier's skills will
change to the recommended highest value. If you click on 'Get all soldiers greatest'
all soldiers' will change to that value. You will be able to change the soldier's name
if you click on it and you type a new one.
You can also open a small soldier list clicking on the down-arrow button. Once
in the list, you can move across with the arrow buttons. Then select one soldier and
you will be able to edit him. If a soldier is wounded the number of days remaining to
recover him will be shown at the right-hand of the name, and if the soldier is dead
that will be shown there too. Healing a soldier is as easy as selecting him and
clicking on the 'Heal' button which will appear. Also it is possible to return to life
a dead soldier clicking on the 'Return to life' button. Click on one of the four
armour drawings and you will be able to change that soldier's armour.
If you want to save changes click on 'Save' but if you don't want to and you
want to return to the main menu, click on 'Cancel'. Soldiers skills' greatest value is
255 but you should use a lower one because when a soldier changes of rank or makes
some kills, his skill values grow and they may exceed this value so they would turn to 0.

EDITING STORES
--------------

This is as easy as you change soldiers' skills. You just have to click on the
+ and - buttons at the right-hand of the item or click on the amount of that item and
type a new one. Using the up and down arrow buttons the item list will move up or down
allowing you to change the amount of the other items. Saving is done in the same way
as when you're editing bases.

UFOSAVED'S COMMAND LINE
-----------------------

UFOSAVED has the following command-line options:

/LANGUAGE Language

This parameter changes the language UFOSAVED will be in. You can choose one of these
three languages: English, español and deutsche. Sample: UFOSAVED /LANGUAGE English

/LOAD game_number

This allows you to select the saved game you are going to edit and enter directly into
the main menu. For instance: UFOSAVED /LOAD 3 will load the saved game number 3.

/UNINSTALL

It will remove UFOSAVED and all its files from the disk.

CONTROLLING THE EDITOR FROM THE KEYBOARD
----------------------------------------

You can use this editor from the keyboard if you have problems with the mouse.
Arrow keys will move the mouse pointer along the screen. To do a "click" you'll have
to press the Right Control key.

CONTACTING THE AUTHOR
---------------------

To contact me send an e-mail to:
[email protected]

Visit my Internet Website:
[url="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/6668"]http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/6668[/url]

You can also download this editor from The Adrenaline Vault:
[url="ftp://ftp2.avault.com/cheats/ufosaved.zip"]ftp://ftp2.avault.com/cheats/ufosaved.zip[/url]

NOTE
----

THE AUTHOR WON'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE this editor could do to saved
games if it isn't used properly. THERE ISN'T any kind of WARRANTY. It is better to
make a back up of saved games before using this editor.

UFO: Enemy unknow. © Microprose, 1993
UFOSAVED. © Víctor Fernández Martínez, 1996-98 Release 2.01
[attachment=6026:attachment]

jarlaxle:
You have the old version of this editor (v 2.01). The newer version (v 2.30) might be what you are looking for. You can download it here:
[url="http://avault.com/cheats_new/cheat_temp.asp?source=xcom1&type=edit2"]SaveGame Editor v2.30[/url]

Edit:I took a gander at the readme file, and the content is the same as the older version. Since I am unable to run the program, I can't determine if this is the one you need. It might be, since it says "- Copy & paste in soldier editor, base and stores" in the "WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE" section. :) Edited by Zombie

Thanks soooo much zombie thats exactly it, As soon as I saw the authors pic in the start up i was like OMG YES!!! it's the one, Thanks again zombie You officially "kick donkey, rule , etc etc" Thanks again man. (and yes thats EXACTLY the one I wanted, Now to get yelled at by the g/f for being so excited over a "stupid video game" sigh they never understand "classics" he he he) :master: :beer:

You are very welcome, jarlaxle. All it took was about 5 mins of searching the web, and another 1-2 min of download time. I had an inkling of where I could find it, so that's where my search started from. Over the years I have pretty much tried every editor out there, so I usually remember where to find them. Enjoy the game, and don't be a stranger around these parts! :)