XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Max Patch; 2005/03/28;does Clip Exploit Still Work

testy

Guys

I'm running CE with Max patch 28/03/2005 on XP and it's working fine (apart from a nasty Scientist Transfer out/Transfer back bug - see Tech.Support forum for more details). However, I've never managed to get the ammo clip exploit to work so what am I doing wrong?

As an example, I'm sending out a mission with one HP and one HP clip only. If I dustoff immediately I land, the clip is returned intact. If I send out the squaddie with the [loaded] HP, return him to the ship and then dustoff, again, the clip is returned. If he fires one HP shot, returns and then dustsoff [as expected], the clip is lost because it is partially-used. However, if he fires one shot, unloads the clip, keeps it in his hand or moves it to storage (backpack, belt etc), then returns and dusts off, the clip is STILL lost. It even seems to be lost if he drops the clip on the ramp of the plane prior to dustoff.

According to various posts all over the place, under these conditions, the clip should be retained so......what am I doing wrong? Alternatively, does Max's patch kill this exploit and always removes partially-used clips, no matter what?

All advice gratefully acepted (things are getting too hairy to be short of HP ammo)

Thanx

For all game versions, partially-used clips disappear at the end of a mission. This dictates that you should try to use clips that are not full. No mystery here.

However, in the CE edition, clips in alien weapons (not XCOM weapons) are lost at the end of a mission, whether they are full or not. Thus, you should unload all virgin clips before ending a mission, if you have the CE edition of the game. (Partially used clips are lost regardless, so there's no reason to unload them.)

This bug does not appear to affect the DOS or Playstation versions.

MikeTheRed and myself worked together to put this little mystery to rest. I suspect you are using the CE version, right?

So don't worry about it. It is a known bug, and the people who claim this works use the DOS version of the game. Simple. :wink1:

[Moved to Xcom 1 Technical Support as this is still a support-related question].

- Zombie

For all game versions, partially-used clips disappear at the end of a mission. This dictates that you should try to use clips that are not full. No mystery here.

However, in the CE edition, clips in alien weapons (not XCOM weapons) are lost at the end of a mission, whether they are full or not. Thus, you should unload all virgin clips before ending a mission, if you have the CE edition of the game. (Partially used clips are lost regardless, so there's no reason to unload them.)

This bug does not appear to affect the DOS or Playstation versions.

MikeTheRed and myself worked together to put this little mystery to rest. I suspect you are using the CE version, right?

So don't worry about it. It is a known bug, and the people who claim this works use the DOS version of the game. Simple. :wink1:

[Moved to Xcom 1 Technical Support as this is still a support-related question].

- Zombie

Guys

Many thanks for sorting that out. Yes, I am using CE and it explains everything. Interesting that so many places on the web report this exploit but don't mention this clarification <_<

Cheers