XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mutons

I don't think we need super-mutons, they should already make you fear for your life. Seriously, they are the soldiers of the Aliens, so they are going to have mega surgical improvemetns and genetic improvements. They should require tons of firepower and have really good accuracy, tactics. Basically they are teh X-CORPS fo the aliens.

Their weakness is Psi control, since thats how the Ethereals avoid getting pwned themselves. Of course each mission has some kind of controller, so once you kill the controller you can Psi the troops. They are also easier to turn to your side with teh appropriate MC equipment.

• 5 months later...

I like that.

Could it just be that the aliens adapt.

Ie mutons aren't as good as they are cracked up to be so ethreals support them.

Or then again you could go for a bigger/stronger/faster muton, carrying a gun which a human troop couldn't possibly carry.

I'd like to see the occasional mixed alien compliments. I mean, if Ethereals control their soldiers, and if distance is a concern, there ought to be one or two in these UFOs as well.

Perhaps this could be an incremental sort of thing during gameplay. Gradually as you boost your Psi defenses within your men, you start to see the Ethereals take a more hands on approach in response by accompanying some of these other landing parties.