XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Funny Screenshots

If I shouldn't start a topic like this, please feel free to delete it! :beer:

Funny thing happened to me, I HEARED that the enemy is up there in his room and eating, chatting and having fun while I was busy working (raiding) and the enemy had no intention to come down and fight... So I by suspicion shot a salvo of IN AutoCannon rounds up to the closed window, at the same time the sun-blind in front of the window was pulled up and 2 enemies looked out of the window... BANG! :flame: :psychosanta: :D :happybanana: Direct hit INTO the room! :party:

Hope you like! :beer:

Your from Germany? Or did you just got the german version by accident ^_^
I don't see any problems with this thread, unless someone else sees a problem in it, it can stay :beer:
Nice pic you have there :D , did the building collapse? It sure looks like it's heavily damaged...

No problems here...

Nice shot BTA. Good intuition.

That bit of the building sure looks like it could fall down. And I like the way that the fire exit stairs are on fire too. :D

Are those disruptor shots I see? I hope they came from the enemy and not your men. :huh:

You really like flames don't ya ^_^ I think this thread should be moved so people could put here screenshots of other x-com games too. It would be stupid to make every x-com game forums their own screenshot gallery.. :hammer:

BurnThemALL isn't from germany, he is from Austria! :rock: ^_^
My first XCOM I bought for the Amiga, then Amiga got killed by missmanagement, so I had to move to the Windoze world. :wacko: :blink:
In 1997 I bought Apocalypse and LOVED it. Then I bought an AGP gfx-card and Apocalypse won't run until I found the patch here and for this I LOVE this board! :happybanana: :beer:

The building collapsed after I threw 6 vortex mines (3 left room, 3 right room) through the windows. :naughty: Was a very funny mission! :psychosanta:

@ miceless: Yes, shots are enem yfire :o But that stopped eventually... :crazy:

@ Mark0: This was a fire burial for Psyke... :flame:

In my opinion we shouldn't mix up screenshots of different XCOM games but of course I'm not the one to decide.

Now I look forward to see screenshots of my fellow XCOM teammates! :beer:

BURN EM! :flame: :crazy: :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't remember the roads looking like that in mine BTA, is that a custom map or is the one you have different because of where you are? I haven't played this in a while because the install freaks out when I get to the sound card part. Mine doesn't match any on the list.

Ever level the temples to where there is not even rubble on the ground? There is nothing more fun that pissing off the local alien cult. :devillaugh: That is the only reason I buy the tank, it pulls from my base, crosses the street, :spank:. I just can't figure out how they survive when their money is so far in the red when I get done with them.

Man I got to get it to work now.

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Aug 27 2003, 03:37 AM']Talking about illegal parking, what's a military phoenix hovercar doing at the local mall :sly:

It's certainly not mine ^_^ .[/quote]
:D :beer: j'ordos! Did you tow the car off, out of the mall and confiscate it? :beer: Some people are really rude when it comes to parking... :sly:

@ Anglachel: I bought the german version of XCOM Apocalypse, version 1.00G 17.06.1997.

Are the graphics different in the english version?!? :wacko: :rolleyes:

I see you are very fond of having fun with our dear friends at Sirius! :crazy: :beer: I suspect that they have unlimited credit at the bank of aliens or get military aid... ^_^ Whatever they call it, I call it cheating. :psychosanta:

BURN EM! :flame: :psychosanta: and have fun. :happybanana:

An OVERSPAWN! :o :blink: :wacko:

Finally I got one for my veterinarians to put it into the pathology. :crazy:

I didn't know that you can research it after you destroy the Overspawn. Nice autopsy pic there... (I can post it if someone wants to see it too)

Here's my autopsy report, sadly it's in german...

I try a translation:

The Overspawn is a hybrid, originated out of the genetic pool of the Megaspawn. It's tough to destroy, only Disruptors and other devastating weapons can stop it. Luckily it's range is limited.

Hope you enjoy. :beer:

P.S.: Is there a way to get it alive to torture it for further interogation? :crazy: Edited by BurnThemALL

Isn't there a stasis bomb for a craft weapon? Been a while. That might be how you get it.

The graphics are the same, but I do not remember having that many layered roads, I will fire up my win98 75mHz and see if I can find the same area.

Ahh, city scape changes with difficulty of level. I switched pc's before I ever moved to a different level. I first play easy until I get the hang of it then I move to superhuman. Now the map looks the same.

[quote name='Anglachel' date='Aug 28 2003, 07:35 AM']Isn't there a stasis bomb for a craft weapon?  Been a while.  That might be how you get it.[/quote]
Great hint Anglachel! Thank you! I'll try this. :beer: :wave:

The city looks different with every game, that's one of the best things with Apocalypse. I never played a lower level than "normal" though.

Superhuman is most fun!

BURN EM! :flame: :psychosanta:

No, anglachel is right, there are some more or less generic maps / difficulty. Check out the 'hard' difficulty map, if you're (un)lucky you start out in the middle of the gangs :D (they're located in the top left corner of the map). There are also some weird wall towers on that map... Edited by j'ordos

My report:

Trying to shoot the Overspawn with the stasis field bomb has not much effect, stops the Overspawn from moving for some seconds, then you have to destroy it anyway. :crazy:

@ j'ordos: Nice little temples in your screenshot, try to set the tanks on fire so they fall at the Sirius Temples. :psychosanta: :beer:

Yes, an encyclopedia report of a living overspawn does exist, but you have to use an editor to get at it. I use the midnight xcom apoc editor, just set overspawn to any %complete besides 0, then research it normally.

The encyclopedia report itself is actually pretty cool, but iirc, its entry says it is an overspawn autopsy.

Here's another pic, during a raid on transtellar (I'll teach them not transporting my men :devillaugh: , already took down for around 1.500.000$ worth of ships :LOL: )
I just thought I'd let the flames do the work for me (those bastards kept camping and shooting with their rocket launchers :cussing: ). But it took too long so I went after it, then I noticed the smoke created by the fire made my men invisible to the enemy :devillaugh: . Had an easy time picking them off one by one :D . (well sometimes one runned into my men, but that was no problem at all :) ). Just using 3 men all with auto-cannons and basic tech protection (megapol armor). I did lose one tho, he ran out of AP ammo, and one ran into him, so he was unable to shoot with HE/IC, and the others were too far away to help :crying: Otherwise it would've been truly great :beer: . One downside is they might be dead before you see them and their equipment gets blown up :hammer: .
the one shown on the pic didn't fire back, he did try to run away, but it was too late by then :devillaugh: (and I got one lying in ambush behind :naughty: ) Edited by j'ordos

@ Cpl. Facehugger: I don't have any editor. Would it be possible to save a screenshot of the encyclopedia report of a living Overspawn (ALT - P) and post it here? I would LOVE to see it and I have no idea how I could catch an Overspawn alive. :blink: :wacko: Thanks! :beer:

@ j'ordos: Auto Cannons RULE! :flame: :psychosanta: I see you made a friendship visit to the spaceport and helped refurnituring the building for Transstellar! :crazy: :beer: Great war story, loved the screenshot! But I'm puzzled... What weapon did your active soldier carry? I don't recognize the pic of this weapon in the center bottom of the screen? :unsure: :o :sly:

I also have a screenshot for my fellows here: BurnThemALL tried to enter a building but the aliens didn't like him visit their ship because he wasn't invited... :naughty: Maybe they tried to hide something from me? :sly:
On the pic you can see the result, of course we eventually "investigated" their mothership without too much arguments with the aliens... :beer: Edited by BurnThemALL

• 2 weeks later...
:D wow a policecar does have 2 lifes?!? :wacko: ^_^

Look at this screenshot from my cousin, 2 spitters were sitting on the toilet when suddenly.... SURPRISE! XCOM agents attacked them and so they are falling down from the 3rd floor to the ground, always holding the toilet bowl in their arms... :D :beer:

HAIL TO THE GOLDEN TOILET! :master: :rolleyes:

:LOL: Nice one!

Besides, that's another proof for theory of true alien reason! They wanna our toilets! :whatwhat:

:master: GOLDEN TOILET :master:

And it seems you blew up the toilet and half of the floor aswell. ^_^

• 1 month later...