XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In Apocalypse!

All right, who wants in on a Apoc forum game?

If you do, signup here.

Please post:

Your Race (hybrid, android, human)
And wether you are expendable :devillaugh:

The competition will start in two days time, or earlier depending on how I feel. :D
Edit: Alrighty, I've got plenty of time, so I can start it any time. Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

To start off:

Name: Cpl. Facehugger
Race: Human
Expendable: No, not really.

Armor (Megapol) is automatically added unless you request something different. Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Robo Dojo 58:

Robot. A strong one, preferably.

Equipment, in order of desirability.
1 Marsec Heavy Launcher. +HiEx loaded.
- 2 Hi-Ex, 2 Incend.

1 Megapol pistol
- Just kidding! Robots don't use pistols! :rolleyes:

1 Incendiary Grenade
2 Stun grenades
2 Proxy Mines
2 Smoke grenades

Speed: 70% of normal, or better preferred.

Expendible: He!! Yeah! Burn the place down! Mine those lousy poppers! :devilburn:

Facehugger, can you make a brief list of all the equipment available, or will that be for the general stores? Edited by Robo Dojo 58

Human recruit j'ordos awaiting orders (or ready to give orders, depends on the game he's in now :wacko: )

Equipment: 1 Autocannon, loaded with 1 HE clip, and one clip HE+IC+AP in belt, I do not require a medikit but give me 4 stun grenades and 1 smoke grenade (also in belt)

Standard megapol armour will do fine, but I'd like a flying suit torso later on too.

(I'll leave the request for plasma sword and teleporter out for now :) )

edit: expendable? What's that? :blink: Just call on me when you need an area burned down (a raid on the Cult of Sirius comes to mind :devilburn: ) Edited by j'ordos

NKF

Race: Android (preferably a mono ocular with tin hat - but this is just for aesthetics :) )
Preferred: Good strength, good speed, decent stamina and maybe plenty of health. All other stats are secondary and not important.

Expendability: I'm playing a melee unit. Since blitzers aren't that good on their own, you can count me expendable unless there are other players who decide to play units geared towards melee combat. (I know, I know, I just have to play the odd one out. But that's the beauty of the game. You can play in a variety of styles and still win the game)

Weapons
Primary:
Dual stun-grapples (plan to change to dual swords later) (or just one if you're playing turn based)

Secondary:
Law Pistol (plan to upgrade to plasma gun)
...Five clips

Note, I'm aiming to get plasma pistols and power swords, so unless you steal them, I'll stick with my current setup for now.

Grenades:

You might want to standardise grenade equipment layout for everyone (i.e. all use the same slots) so that re-equipping multiple soldiers after a battle will be a simple matter of group selecting all the players and equipping everyone at once. If not, I'd like the following:

4 AP grenades in right hip pocket (your left)
2 Stun Grenades in left hip pocket. The space is for the pistol.
1 Smoke grenade in right shoulder pocket.

Armour
Full suit of Megapol armour (though if you want to diffirentiate squads based on helmets... I wouldn't mind. ;) )

Misc:
Medikit - usual slot.
Motion Sensor - other shoulder slot

- NKF Edited by NKF

Jonaleth Irenicus
Android

Expandable: Only if the situation requires an android to be sacrificed (so no "let's use him as cheap labour and kamikaze" sort of thing, more like "cover us when we try to get the heck out of this mess").

Equipment: Stun grapples and stun grenades. Lots of em. My main idea is to accompany NKF up front. I won't switch to blades, just provide stun fire with grapples and grenades. I am also the man for getting that live popper (or whatever dangerous thing you want alive).

Name: Whitewashed
Equipment: lawpistol with 3 clips (later change to plasma pistol), 1 AP grenade, 2 Stun grenade
Expendable: No

Name: Puasonen
Expendable: Not expendable but brave and always where the action is.

Weapons depend on if you play real time or TB.

Real time weapons: M4000 MG with lots of spare clips and few grenades which I can drop to my own feet if brainsucker surprises me. Later dual disruptor guns, and even later dual Toxiguns with lots of spare clips

TB weapons: Autocannon with HE ammo, later minilauncher, even later Toxigun.

• 2 weeks later...
Been a while, but if it's possible...

Name: Extralucas
Race: Andriod (Preferably fast and strong. Lots of health too.)
Expendable: Ofcourse! I'm here to serve Golden Toilet and die whenever I have to!
Armament: Two plasma swords, two high explosives in my backpack set to explode on intact, 4 AP grenades - same setting. Megapol armor is just fine, MarSec flying thingy has too low protection.

I'm supposed to be meele fighter. If I can't have my swords, then don't bother with sending me on missions. And about all that exploding stuff: if they kill me before I kill them, I'll take them with me! Edited by Extralucas

Heh. The number of blizters are growing. Soon we'll be able to form a small squad of our own.

Just a tip when using us crazy melee attackers: Do NOT rely on the soldier's reactions for the attacks. Manually force-attack. It's a minor saving, but making full use of your short range weapons' attack rate is paramount to success. Besides, androids are...well, not going to be as quick on the uptake as the humans and hybrids will be. :)

- NKF

• 3 weeks later...
Name? Dean Franz
Race? Human
Equipment? Dual M400 Machine Guns and the heavyest armour available
Expendable? Definatly
Just put me in front for once, I'm tired of waiting at the back of the skyranger so I've frozen myself and awoken 84 years in the future! And... um... All hail the Golden Toilet!

• 1 month later...
Name: Arky
Expendable: why not! I'll die to protect the Golden toilet!

Marsec flying armor if avail.
2 smoke grenades, 2 stun grenades, 2 AP gren.
autocanon with all avail clips on hand.

Death to the spitters!

• 4 weeks later...
Name: Tsereve
Expendable: y not
Weapons: AP w/ 1 of each ammo, dual plasma pistos if posibo
Equipment: Megapol is ok, later upgrad 2 marsec torso

is it 2 late 2 join?

Would someone like to continue it then? Perhaps a new Game Master(tm) can take up the game? There's still the interest.

I mean, my joints have rust and the rust has rust. The fusion batteries in my swords lost their zero point long ago, and they were bubbling. the swords almost blew my head off when I last tried them. These crummy grapples are just a glorified barbeque set.

I'd volunteer, but Apocalypse, apart from the intro, refuses to run on my PC even with help of all the wonderful advice in the tech support forum.

- NKF

Actually he was [b]interested[/b] to continue but came up with some technical problems and can't run the game anymore. I could start over the game but I don't have the gift of a good storytelling :unsure:

I would continue it for you guys, but i don't have access to all those saved game editors, am relatively new, and wouldn't have time to do general stores

You don't need saved game editor, who cares that you're new and someone else can take over the general stores. (Like robodojo controls supsupers games general stores)

The general stores is pretty fun to do. I only add a little to it at a time, and look at how big it's gotten. ^_^

I wouldn't mind doing the general stores for Apoc as well. Now that I know a good way of laying it out, it'll be quite fun and simple to do. :wink:

[quote name='Robo Dojo 58' date='Jun 22 2004, 07:17 AM']I wouldn't mind doing the general stores for Apoc as well. Now that I know a good way of laying it out, it'll be quite fun and simple to do. :wink:[/quote]
And now that supsuper rarely plays the "Forum-members in enemy unknown" game, you have more time ^_^

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Jun 22 2004, 07:48 PM']yes, in fact, EVERY xcom game needs a replacement atm :D[/quote]
hey, don't you dare replace me! :P
i'm still alive and planning on continuing the game, i'm just kinda busy atm. however, this is the last week of school so i should have plenty of time after that :)

who's there? Tommy?!? no, Tommy. Tommy. Tommy, get away from that computer! TOMMY! TOMMY, GET AWAY NOW! TO-*BOOOOOOOOM*
*connection lost*

double posting, hmmm...
anyways, maybe we could get candidates to continue the TFTD (until Crus8r returns) and Apoc games, then we'd vote on who would we like better to continue it and... he/she would continue it. unless someone has a better idea.

I could do xcom2. got tftd dos (got to check if it's patched) + dosbox, editor, etc. and i can also do the same stuff i do on xcom1 game (screenshots, movies, etc.).
but then again you might find my playing kinda lame. i don't use much tactics or tricks (as you can see in xcom1) and such.