XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Puasonens Forum Members In Apcalypse! SU

Preferred difficulty level?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, see the following instructions:

1. Vote which difficulty level you want to see me play at. Notice, I have only finished the game on easy difficulty level so I suggest medium or hard but not superhuman. AND, I play IRONMAN, keep that in mind too.

2. I never use mutants (sectoid eyed soldiers) So if you want to be one, give me some hints on what to do with 'em :D

3. Give your soldier info like I do in this example.
Name = name
Gender = Possibilitys are male and female only, sorry people who are something in between.
Race = Possibilitys Human, Mutant and Robot.

Name: Puasonen
Race: Human
Preferred weapon: M4000 MG and 7 clips
Other stuff: 1 AP grenade, 1 stun grenade and a Medikit
Armour: Megapol armour

Everyone knows which weapons and armour are available in the beginning so I'll give [i]NEW weapon possibilitys only[/i] in [b]general stores[/b] when they are available.

That's it, I go to visit my girlfriends relatives for whole weekend so I'll start on monday. Let's see how many sign ups there is by then. Edited by Puasonen

name: Mustang
race: Human
favorite weapon: Auto Cannon with incindiary ammo
Armor: Megapol
other: incindiary grenades and medikit Edited by Mustang

Name: RustedSoul
Preferred weapon: 2 x M4000 MG and 4 clips (1 in each hand m8 :D )
Other stuff: 2 smoke grenades, 1 stun grenade and a Medikit

Note: if your playing it in turnbased mode, or only 1 weapon allowed, drop my character back to just one m4000 please

Name = J'ordos
Gender = male
Race = human
Preferred weapon: autocannon+IC rounds
Other stuff: 1 AP grenade, 1 stun grenade and some spare AP rounds

edit : oh yeah, I voted superhuman before looking at your post, but hey, how 'bout a challenge? ;) Edited by j'ordos

Name: Robo Dojo
Race: Android
Weapons: Hi Ex! Androids can't be bothered by alien infuence, so they're safe with explosives of any kind.
edit by J'ordos : and probably megapol armour :) Edited by j'ordos

Name: GOD
Race: Take your pick...
Preferred weapon: errr.... Big Bombs... and lots of nades
Other stuff: Fly over aliens such as brain suckers and that slime one and bomb em. Medikit
Armour: marsec flying armor Edited by Kamikazee

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Jul 1 2004, 06:06 PM']edit : oh yeah, I voted superhuman before looking at your post, but hey, how 'bout a challenge? ;)[/quote]
hehe i voted too. he's gonna have a hard time :P

Damn you guys :cussing:
LOL! Well, I asked for it. I could have left superhuman out of choices. I'll try it then.

Hey, Superhuman's great. More aliens and they are just as dumb as they are on beginner. Lots of experience to hand around! But it doesn't matter really.

Name: NKF Bskr Series
Race: Android (aim for a bot with high endurance)
Gender: two male serial, three female parallel, one power plug connector for rest periods. I can supply my own Sensonet connection jack. Eh? Oh, not the stuff we do on our own time? Right. Bot.

Equipment:

Standard equipment (medikits, stun grenades, the usual stuff you end up having everyone carry.)
Extra smoke grenades
Dual power swords *
Dual Megapol Law Pistols, One column of ammo in the backpack

Armour:
Full Megapol.

* I don't mind waiting until week 2 for these to arrive. Unless, of course, you're willing to 'borrow' equipment from Marsec. ;)

- NKF Edited by NKF

Name: Centurion
Race: human

Equipment: machine gun, 2..3 clips; 1 stun grenade, 1..2 AP grenade, 1 medikit
Armor: Megapol

Superhuman is a piece of cake.

For the cityscape, you just need to make sure you have a bunch of hovercars/bikes, upgrade their engines, and scatter them throughout the city. The better engines will save you lots of money in the long run, it's important to get them.

For combat, you'll need plenty of grenades before you get alien tech, so throw them everywhere. Proxy grenades can bust open UFO doors, kill the first poppers, and they're easy to throw. You can always do a stun raid to get some more grenades.

For research, get a second quantum and bio lab, on the first day. Doubling research from the start of the game is very important, and it'll let you be able to keep up with the aliens. Build the large labs as soon as you can, since they take over a week to be completed.

A few other things:
- Get toxiguns ASAP. Use stun grenades like mad, and you may even be able to get toxin B at the same time. It's the most powerful weapon in the game, and when the aliens get shields, you'll be glad to have any sort of toxigun. :)
I'll gladly volunteer my android to capture any and all aliens.

- Get the hybrid craft ASAP. With the extra labs from the beginning of the game, and the large labs, you'll have enough research ability to get hybrid craft before the aliens bring in the battleships.

- Buy stormdogs, unequip them, then sell them. The ammo+fuel is free, and pure profit. If you can afford to drive the ammo prices up even more, you'll make even more profit.

Blehm

Male
Human
equipment: laser sniper, 2 laser pods, and later on, the latest plasma weapon-three stun grenades, 3 megapol AP grenades
Armor: all megapol, but when marsec appears, i want a marsec Chestplate and the rest megapol

Facts:
1. In apoc your soldiers rarely die from one shot..
2. In apoc I normally use 6 soldiers / mission

So to make this game a bit more interesting, I'll add a line of forum members who get to go to missions, starting with the first 6 who answered this post. As someone get's killed or injured, he/she gets at the back of the line and next who was waiting in the line gets to the squad. I'll put this line up in discussion topic..

Oops, Forgot to add you UW, I add you to the waiting list in the position you deserve. Check the discussion thread..

Name: Jeeves
Preferred weapon: M4000 MG and 7 clips
Other stuff: 2 AP grenade and a Medikit
Armour: marsec chest with megapol other stuff

• 1 month later...