XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Puasonens Forum Members In Apocalypse! Di

Here goes the line, this will be updated every time someone dies or gets injured. Don't worry if you get killed, I'll make a new one and put him/her in the line again.

-[i]kills[/i]-

[b]Squad:[/b]
1. Puasonen -12-
2. NKF Bskr Series -0-
3. Mustang -8-
4. GOD (Kamikazee) -0-
5. J'ordos -6-
6. Robo Dojo -6-

[b]Waiting in the line in order of getting in the squad:[/b]
1. Blehm -1-
2. UnknownWarrior -7-
3. RustedSoul (injured) -6-
4. Arachnid (killed) -1-
5. Jeeves (Floater Medic) -2-
6. SupSuper (injured) -7-
7. Centurion -2- Edited by Puasonen

Btw, anyone knows a good screenshot taking program? print screen doesn't work in my apoc..

[quote name='Readme.txt']Screen Grabs
------------
You can create a PCX format snapshot of the screen by pressing
Alt-P. The files are created in the directory which X-COM:
Apocalypse was installed to and are named from XCOM0.PCX to
XCOM9.PCX.[/quote]

[quote name='SupSuper' date='Jul 3 2004, 05:00 PM'][quote name='Readme.txt']Screen Grabs
------------
You can create a PCX format snapshot of the screen by pressing
Alt-P. The files are created in the directory which X-COM:
Apocalypse was installed to and are named from XCOM0.PCX to
XCOM9.PCX.[/quote] [/quote]
Oops, thanks :Blush:

What they don't say, is that after XCOM9.PCX, it'll go through the english alphabet. You'll be able to take plenty of pictures before you have to move/convert them.

Also, I've had a delay between taking pictures, and having them saved. Usually about half a second. You should practice taking pics, since you may have to take them ahead of time. Edited by Robo Dojo 58

Puasonen: How about setting up lots of small squad of six or less and giving them their own vehicle. This will make managing your squads a little easier. Just pile a number of soldiers into a vehicle, and bang, instant squad. Basically the vehicle will be the squad. The squad members just change every so often. ;)

- NKF

[quote name='Robo Dojo 58' date='Jul 4 2004, 01:09 PM']What they don't say, is that after XCOM9.PCX, it'll go through the english alphabet. You'll be able to take plenty of pictures before you have to move/convert them.

Also, I've had a delay between taking pictures, and having them saved. Usually about half a second. You should practice taking pics, since you may have to take them ahead of time.[/quote]
or just practise in quickly hitting that pause button ;) . Auto-pause options on would help too, i guess.

Yes, I think I'll use the pause button rather than try to time the screenshot taking right :) NKF, I don't feel comfortable using more than one vehicle, and I would need a lot of money to have enough interceptors. You know, hovercars don't have enough room in them and wolfhounds suck :D

You don't need to get them immediately. Let it be a gradual development. By the time you can afford a Hawk Air Warrior, the Valkyrie can be a hand-me-down to the second squad.

The APC's not bad for handling drop sites in the city if it's disarmed and not sent through the middle of an air skirmish. While it's travelling to the drop site, the team in the interceptor can handle the crashed UFO and any other drop site. Aliens won't spread that quickly, so the Wolfhound has plenty of time as long as you don't hit ultra-fast.

The Pheonix Hovercar can do six-agent city missions if you install extra seats, but you'd still need a recovery vehicle with a bio and cargo module to pick up goods and aliens. Still, using hovercars for transportation seems to be a bit of a waste when they're more useful as fighters.

Let's not even think about using Blazer turbo bikes, m'kay? ;)

- NKF

[quote name='NKF' date='Jul 5 2004, 02:16 AM']Let's not even think about using Blazer turbo bikes, m'kay? ;)

- NKF[/quote]
:LOL: That would be great! Maybe I'll give everyone their own bike and you can go whereever you want :D

[quote name='NKF' date='Jul 5 2004, 07:16 AM']The Pheonix Hovercar can do six-agent city missions if you install extra seats, but you'd still need a recovery vehicle with a bio and cargo module to pick up goods and aliens. Still, using hovercars for transportation seems to be a bit of a waste when they're more useful as fighters.[/quote]
I used to have 2 Phoenix Hovercars ready for alien sightings in the city, they each can carry 4 passengers, one is equipped with a bio-trans module, the other one with a cargo module. Since you can have any number of craft to look for aliens in a building, there's no problem in using 2 to get every last bit of the spoils of war :)
They're cheap and fast, and when there's an alien air-raid they're rapidly converted to fighting vehicles by taking out the passengers and transport modules :happybanana:

[quote name='j'ordos' date='Jul 5 2004, 03:32 AM']They're cheap and fast, and when there's an alien air-raid they're rapidly converted to fighting vehicles by taking out the passengers and transport modules :happybanana:[/quote]
Until you notice you forgot to empty the hovercar, it gets destroyed in battle and your best soldiers were in it :crying:
Hawks and interceptors are safe and I use them for a long time, even if I would have annihilators.

[quote name='Puasonen' date='Jul 5 2004, 12:47 PM'][quote name='j'ordos' date='Jul 5 2004, 03:32 AM'] They're cheap and fast, and when there's an alien air-raid they're rapidly converted to fighting vehicles by taking out the passengers and transport modules :happybanana:[/quote]
Until you notice you forgot to empty the hovercar, it gets destroyed in battle and your best soldiers were in it :crying:
[/quote]
Heh, that would be your own fault :P
...ehrm, I mean, uhm, forget I said anything, I don't want to be 'forgotten' on a hovercar in battle ^_^

[quote name='Mustang' date='Jul 6 2004, 10:07 AM']As soon as I read that an Orange Basketball jumped on my head I started saying "im gonna die Im gonna die Im gona die"[/quote]
but you didn't, don't worry -_-

considering the ammo consumption, it's probably a good thing I got injured :D

now to annoy the nurses in the infirmary :naughty:

very nice Pua, enjoyed every minute of it :beer:

[quote name='RustedSoul' date='Jul 6 2004, 11:26 AM']considering the ammo consumption, it's probably a good thing I got injured  :D

now to annoy the nurses in the infirmary :naughty: 

very nice Pua, enjoyed every minute of it  :beer:[/quote]
Thanks mate..
Stay tuned for next episode of "Puasonens Forum Members In Apocalypse!" :D

OMG, now we have 2 crazy explosive guys in our team. Kamikazee and Robodojo, are you guys sure you don't want any weapons? Only grenades and HI-X?

Well, I would want all sorts of grenades, and an autocannon with Hi-Ex. Later on, upgrade it to the biggest explosives. Since androids don't have to worry about alien control, I'll be safe with the really dangerous stuff.

[quote]Brainsuckers suck out the brain through the mouth, not the top of the head....[/quote]
They don't suck the brains out at all. They inject you with something... and then you work for the aliens... :wink:

Whatever guys. Maybe it was hungry this time and ate the brains because of that! <_<

Mustang, I'm planning to raid it but they are tougher than aliens in the beginning. :whatwhat:

Anyone know how I can stunraid marsec for example without pissing them off? It's like normal raid but I'm just stunning them? They won't shoot me?

[quote name='Puasonen' date='Jul 6 2004, 02:40 PM']Whatever guys. Maybe it was hungry this time and ate the brains because of that!  <_<

Mustang, I'm planning to raid it but they are tougher than aliens in the beginning.  :whatwhat:

Anyone know how I can stunraid marsec for example without pissing them off? It's like normal raid but I'm just stunning them? They won't shoot me?[/quote]
They will shoot you in the battlescape

Mustang's dictionary
"Stunraid"
The act of raiding an organization with only stun weapons to recieve equipment. the benefits of stun raiding is that the organization will not be mad at you after combat Edited by Mustang

[quote name='Mustang' date='Jul 6 2004, 02:45 PM'][quote name='Puasonen' date='Jul 6 2004, 02:40 PM'] Whatever guys. Maybe it was hungry this time and ate the brains because of that!  <_<

Mustang, I'm planning to raid it but they are tougher than aliens in the beginning.  :whatwhat:

Anyone know how I can stunraid marsec for example without pissing them off? It's like normal raid but I'm just stunning them? They won't shoot me?[/quote]
They will shoot you in the battlescape

Mustang's dictionary
"Stunraid"
The act of raiding an organization with only stun weapons to recieve equipment. the benefits of stune raiding is that the organization will not be mad at you after combat [/quote]
So I have to stun everyone and when every "enemy" is sleeping, I win? Or should I stun them and steal equipment and leave? :huh?:

[quote]LOL, that's messed. I'd be pretty pissed off from a raid no matter how the raid went down.[/quote]
I know, every x-com game has their funny little cheats.. :D Edited by Puasonen

In that case, I wish him good luck and I hope to hear from him again after he's completed that task, let's say a couple of years AFTER xenocide is finished :P

Well, there's two ways you can stunraid...[list=1]
[*]stun some enemies, grab their gear and let your soldiers exit the area (now I think of it, I've never done it this way and I don't know how the organisation will react to this kind of raid :unsure: )
[*]the tried 'n true method of stunning every enemy, combat will then end and you'll get all their stuff without them being angry at you :)
[/list]

If your are raiding a friendly organisation, the guards will not shoot at you. If you hurt the guards, the organization will become hostile. But if you stun them, you'll have no trouble. ^_^

If you stun all of the guards, you'll win the mission. You get to keep everything at the building. But you'll also get tons of points. Remember that the more points you get, the better tech the aliens will have.

If you grab some stuff and run out, you'll get almost 0 points. But you'll keep all the equipment that you steal on the mission. With some careful stealing, you can make tons of money, and score very few points. (Elerium pods, plasma guns, or Psiclone? :) )

[quote name='Puasonen' date='Jul 6 2004, 04:43 PM']OMG, now we have 2 crazy explosive guys in our team. Kamikazee and Robodojo, are you guys sure you don't want any weapons? Only grenades and HI-X?[/quote]
Use GOD on the brainsuckers and early stage aliens... Fly over them with flying armor and drop nades and hi ex on them. It is really effective!

[color="red"]BOOM[/color]

I use that tactic a lot even near the end of a game... Its so cheap and easy...

IF I can't play before friday, it doesn't matter because on friday I have lots of time to play a lot of missions..

Regarding stun raids: Don't. Or, only do it in moderation to get what you need and then stop.

Any damage done to the building, even if it wasn't done by you, will tick off the oganisation. Perhaps not by much, but it can have bad long-term effects if too much damage is done. Those idiot guards, right? They'll pick anything up that's no scenery. And if they've got a proxy mine, they'll play hot-potato after arming them. The damage caused by this is attributed directly to X-Com.

Raid Marsec only for Power Swords, Mind Shields and Marsec Armour and the odd elerium pod.

Gangs like Diablo can also supply Marsec Armour, which is a good alternative if you want the armour but don't want to tick off Marsec but don't mind a bit of rivalry with the gangs.

Plasma guns, which I simply cannot wait for, are owned by practically everyone.

I'd actually go after one of the political groups, say the Extropians, who don't offer any practical benefit to your organisation for elerium pods and weapons in general.

But don't play the game just to stun-raid. Money and equipment will be plentiful once the tech rolls in.

One other alternative to a 'peaceful' (although that's highly inaccurate) raid would be to use mind benders and have the guards surrender their gear, and maybe jump off a roof (dying from falling or criticals won't be attributed to you as long as you remember to break psionic lock before the victim hits the ground).

- NKF

[quote name='NKF' date='Jul 7 2004, 01:42 AM']One other alternative to a 'peaceful' (although that's highly inaccurate) raid would be to use mind benders and have the guards surrender their gear, and maybe jump off a roof (dying from falling or criticals won't be attributed to you as long as you remember to break psionic lock before the victim hits the ground).

- NKF[/quote]
:devillaugh: LOL!
That's so damn funny! A bit unfair though :D
I'll try the stunraid method once or twice to see how it works out. There's always cult of sirius who we can raid as much as we like :devillaugh:

Just remember to never get rid of all of the soldiers in a stun raid.

If you are sucessful in stunning all of the guards, you'll get over 200 points in bonuses, and points for worthless junk. That adds up pretty fast. If you just steal some of the valuable stuff and get out, you can make almost $20 000, and only score 30-40 points.

It's a huge difference, especially when you have to worry about alien tech.

I wouldn't go on a stun raid with the cult of Sirius. You may need bigger guns for that. :rolleyes:

Cult of sirius is pretty hard to handle in early game. They have rocket launchers and rockets are pretty damn nasty! They kick my donkey if I go there. :crying:

We are short of money, we have to go raid sirius. These raid missions are special so the first 6 people who report gets in this mission. Who wants to kick sirius butt with the risk of getting yanked by rocket launcher?