XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Azrael's Forum Members On Apocalypse!

Guest Azrael Strife

Stupid alarm, always going off... oh! something's going on at Transtellar Apartments! buckle up! ooops, we have four wounded now, a taskforce of six it is, then :), j'ordos and Abyssion will have to stay behind and relax for a while.

[MISSION START = ATLANTIS APARTMENTS]
Squad 1: mikker, blehm, kafros
Squad 2: Azrael, dipstick, Kratos

The squads secure positions in different corridors, waiting for the Aliens.
Squad 2 engages an arthropod, followed by two spitters. The arthropod is stunned and a spitter killed, while they shoot at the second one, the arthropod gets up again and runs towars the squad and fires a pod; big mistake, Kratos picks up the pod and keeps it in his pocket. The arthropod is quickly killed, shortly after a brainsucker jumps from the corpse and attacks Kratos, but is killed by the squadmates.

Squad 1 engages a swarm of Multiworms, 3 of them appear along with about 5 spitters. kafros is badly wounded, blehm is wounded and mikker is barely wounded :)

blehm promoted to Sargeant, kafros promoted to Squad Leader, mikker promoted to Squaddie.

[code]TOTAL KILLS

blehm - 10
Mad - 2
kafros - 10
dipstick - 8
mikker - 5
j'ordos - 8
Azrael - 1
Abyssion - 5[/code] Edited by Azrael

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Azrael' date='Sep 2 2005, 02:04 AM'][...]But don't worry, you won't feel lonely, alok is also injured so we'll drop him along[...]
[right][post="130864"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Cool! Wanne play Jenga alok? :doh:

---Edit---
[quote]j'ordos and Abyssion will have to stay behind and relax for a while.[/quote]
So now it's Skat, or Monopoly... *looks at kafros blem and mikker* :) Edited by Mad

[quote name='Mad' date='Sep 2 2005, 07:53 AM']Cool! Wanne play Jenga alok?  :doh:[/quote]
We could be training... :knockout: but they don't let us get out of the medic facilities... we're injured :Drool:
... could be fighting, I didn't kill even a single alien yet... Edited by alok

Hmmph, a bug <_<, whenever I load the game, all research is stopped, so I must remember to put everyone to research again, that's why it was taking so long :(

Anyway, continuing...

(Cult of Sirius)> You are killing our Alien friends! if you give us compensation, we may forget about it and refrain from squashing your superior ships as bugs, which is what we eventually plan to do.
(X-Com)> Congrats, you've just made 1st on my Raid list <_<

(Transtellar)> Your brain-dead trooper set half our Star Port on fire! we demand you to pay for the damages!
(X-Com)> We assumed you'd be happier without Alien parasites in your head, but here you go....

Research Completed! Dimensional gates and Bio Module, time to get the buggers alive :) starting production of the first biomodule for the Valkyrie, and began building a security station. Edited by Azrael

MARCH 7
kafros is still wounded and lying on the Medical Facility, while X-Com prepares for a bit of fun.
> Get ready people, no stupid Cult can threaten X-Com, let's go go go go!, this will be a small op, so I want a single team of four: Mad, Azrael, Kratos and alok, move!

[MISSION START = TEMPLE OF THE APOCALYPSE]
Time to die, Sirius!

[attachment=7555:attachment]

>Let's move!
[attachment=7556:attachment]

Three squad members move down the main hall towards the doors that lead to the second portion of the Temple, alok decides to go down the gravlift and catch a few cultists in the tight tunnels.

(alok)> Hello there!
(Cultists)> Hello!
[attachment=7557:attachment]
alok rudely attacks the defenseless-armed Cultists.
[attachment=7558:attachment]
(alok)> :devillaugh:

The rest of the squad meets resistance upstairs, and decide to follow alok, being pursued by Cultists who keep throwing grenades, the Squad rendezvous near the gravlift and proceeds to assault the Cultists in the tunnels.
[attachment=7559:attachment]

Azrael and alok break through the first wave of attackers coming down the stairs, while Mad and Kratos protect the rear.
[attachment=7560:attachment]

Kratos and Mad then move on to the next entrance, and...
[attachment=7561:attachment]
(Kratos)> Green martians! at them!
(Mad)> Dieeeeeeee!
[attachment=7562:attachment]

Mission over :)
[attachment=7563:attachment]

[code]TOTAL KILLS

blehm - 10
kafros - 10
dipstick - 8
j'ordos - 8
Abyssion - 5
mikker - 5
alok - 4
Mad - 2
Azrael - 1
Kratos - 0[/code]

I've finally started to do something... die green cultists!!!
But still want to kill some aliens. By the way, Azrael, I think you should visit megapol and marsec for some equipment, I would like to have dual plasma guns now that I'm not a rookie anymore :D
Stun missions are good for improving the soldiers accuracy, and for money also... Edited by alok

[quote name='Azrael' date='Sep 3 2005, 09:33 AM']IT'S HIM, HE'S BACK!!! OMG
Of course you can fit in, I can rename blehm after you if you wish :master: or just wait for the next batch of recruits :)
[right][post="131472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

When's the next batch due? :P

[quote name='Azrael' date='Sep 3 2005, 03:33 AM']IT'S HIM, HE'S BACK!!! OMG
Of course you can fit in, I can rename blehm after you if you wish :master: or just wait for the next batch of recruits :)
[right][post="131472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Thanks, may the soldier carrying my name be worth this effort. :)

Blehm, don't panic. He was kiddin' :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Research completed! Brainsucker Launcher.
Another biomodule is being built right now.
No activity, I'm getting bored... time to check the Infiltration Chart!
Let's see... hmmm, Lifetree Infiltration chart is rising, you know what that means :naughty:

[MISSION START= Lifetree School]
Squad A: blehm, Alok, j'ordos, mikker.
Squad B: Azrael, dipstick, Mad, Kratos.

Squad A and B move into different classrooms to check for Aliens.

<Azrael> Nothing here, let's move! down that hall!
<Mad> Don't you hear something?
<Azrael> Nope...
*dipstick opens door into hallway*
<dipstick> Oh, look, a blue dog!
<Kratos> Shi...
*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*
<dipstick> I don't regret anything!!!!!
<Azrael> NOOOOOOOOOOOO
<Mad> Miss Cleo!!!!
*dipstick drops to the floor, lifeless. Mad is thrown into a desk, breaking it into pieces, badly injured, Kratos and Azrael suffer moderate injuries, pieces of burnt Megapol armor melting*
<Kratos> Quick, into the hallway, there could be more coming!
*The Squad drags itself into the hallway and into the room where the blue dog came from*
<Azrael> Healing...
<Mad> There they are!
<Azrael> Don't kill them, live specimens... stun grenades *Mad moves forward and throws stun grenades at the second blue dog and the green.. things.. but misses and stuns... the air, Azrael moves closer to the blue thing and throws another grenade, rendering the being unconscious*
<Mad> Medikit time...

Squad A continues to search the area with no luck

Doors slide open and two blue humanoids step into the classroom with brainsucker launchers.
<Azrael> There they are! *Azrael runs towards the creatures with nothing but a stun grapple* You will pay for what you did to Miss Cleo!!!!
Mad continues to patch his wounds while Kratos positions himself to fire on the creatures, but is blocked by Azrael's charge.
<Azrael> Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! *fires*
One of the Aliens fires a pod next to Azrael, who quickly picks it up, kneels, and continues to fire. The second alien fires another, which hatches and...
<Azrael> Get it off me!!!
<Kratos> I got you... *Kratos fires and kills the brainsucker with a single shot from his sniper rifle*
<Azrael> Take THIS! *stun fire*
Both blue creatures try to escape the madman but fall to the ground, stunned.
<Mad> More specimens! yay!

Squad A moves near Squad B and proceeds to where the blue humanoids came from, but no luck, no more Aliens. Mission Over.

Well, we got live Arthropod, live Popper, live chrysallis, live brainsucker, brainsucker pod and dead popper, not a bad mission, but we lost dipstick :( does anybody want to say a few words?

Make him an Android
Dipstick version 2.0 Faster Stronger Better and more efficient than ever before! (accessories include mobile coffee machine, vending machine, and vortex mine dispensor [batteries not included] )

Five Alien ships showed up, the interceptors couldn't get them, I guess we'll eventually have to build a new base just to get a better hunting spot. They did drop aliens on Transtellar and Lifetree.
I don't feel like posting it play by play today, just feel like playing, so I'll make it short :) You all risked your lives valliantly to obtain a live Multiworm, and succeeded, without problems.
Now Alien alarm at Transtellar! time to rock!... huh, all injured except Kratos, Mad, kafros and dipstick 1, oh well, shouldn't be too hard :rolleyes:

[MISSION START= Transtellar]
The squad enters the spaceport in a large room with two hallways.
<dipstick> Left or right?
<kafros> Left, I got a good feeling about left.
The troopers move down a tight corridor.
<Mad> Screams! we must be getting close!
A door slides open and two multiworms appear.
<Mad> There they are! fire!
<dipstick> We should probably try to get a live hyperworm...
*Troopers fire as the multiworms draw nearer*
Two arthropods appear through the same door, they have weird pink rifles and shoot energy beams at the soldiers.
One of the multiworms is stunned by a stun grapple and the other dies, releasing a lot of hyperworms.
<Mad> I'll stun them!
A hyperworm critically injures Mad, and is stunned afterwards.
<Mad> AAAAAAHhhhhh!
<kafros> Get out!
Mad uses his medikit on himself and gets behind the team, and fires with his other hand.
Two spitters appear at the door.
<dipstick> that's it! *changes to IC ammo and sets the place on fire*
<dipstick> DIEEEE! *a shot hits a civillian standing one meter away from the squad.
<Kratos> Idiot!!
The squad suffers some damage from the explosion, but no time! the other multiworm has awaken and attacking, but is quickly killed, and releases hyperworms!
<kafros> Stop biting me!
The hyperworms are quickly stunned/killed.
<kafros> No more aliens here, let's go the other way and look for the rest (the team cannot go through the corridor as dipstick set it on fire)
kafros opens the door to the right, closely followed by the rest of the squad.
POPPER!
*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*
The squad is badly injured, except for kafros... who is dead :P
Mission over.

Well, good news is that we now have disruptor guns available to be researched, and have all the aliens we needed alive, we can now research also the Advanced Biochemistry lab :) I hope you can all appreciate kafros sacrifice.

[code]TOTAL KILLS

blehm - 10
kafros - 10
dipstick - 14
j'ordos - 8
Abyssion - 13
mikker - 5
alok - 6
Mad - 2
Azrael - 1
Kratos - 2[/code]

[code]CASUALTIES

dipstick - 1
kafros - 1[/code]

Researching Disruptor Gun and Multiworm now, I got a quantum physist with 100 skill :D
kafros 1 has joined the ranks :D

Alien alarm at Nirvana Mansions! The Government is calling, let's go!
[MISSION START = Nirvana Mansions]
[attachment=7764:attachment]
[attachment=7765:attachment]
[attachment=7766:attachment]
[attachment=7767:attachment]
[attachment=7768:attachment]
[attachment=7769:attachment]
[attachment=7770:attachment]
Mission Over.
Not a lot of action.

[quote name='dipstick' date='Oct 15 2005, 05:41 PM']WHY have you got someone with a sniper AND a stunner?

WHAT is the point man?!
[right][post="137457"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
The point is that I needed live specimens, so everyone was equipped with a normal weapon and stun grapple, now I keep it since it's very effective at close range, but will be removed soon, especially when we get the disruptors :)

I can't keep posting screenshots and making all missions play by play, at least not all the time, it gets way annoying and I spend more time telling about it than actually playing, sorry, but I will keep posting your kills and casualties if you want :) and maybe, occassionally, a complete mission :)
So far you've managed to recover a Transporter UFO, save the Government once or twice, save Transtellar and Lifetree again, and just saved Nutrivend :)

[code]TOTAL KILLS

blehm - Sargeant - 12
alok - Squaddie - 8
Mad - Squaddie - 7
Azrael - Rookie - 4
Kratos - Rookie - 2
mikker - Squad Leader - 11
Abyssion - Squad Leader - 16
j'ordos - Squad Leader - 29
dipstick - Squad Leader - 32
Jack Cloudy - Rookie - 0
Mustang - Squaddie - 2
Moriarty - Squad Leader - 4
Puasonen - Squaddie - 3
kafros - Squaddie - 12[/code]

[code]CASUALTIES

dipstick - 1
kafros - 1[/code]

And I'll have you know, dipstick, that your 'pointless' Stun grapple just saved your life :P You turned and a popper was right next to you, had you used your conventional weapons, you'd be dust by now, so you have to thank that I had given you that stun grapple, worked like a charm, so there, bow to the master Apocalyptic :master: Edited by Azrael

Congratulations, you have saved the Hospital :) bad news is that most of you are injured now, you really really need new weapons, good news is that you now have disruptor guns, time to get this party started :D

Now a fun mission!
More UFOs came in, as usual they outran me so I have to investigate the Aliens they dropped before they spread too much.

[MISSION START = Evonet's Water treatment facility]
Squad A : Azrael, j'ordos, Kratos, jack cloudy.
Squad B : mikker, Mad, Moriarty, dipstick.

Squad A is in the lower levels, in the platforms that rise above the water supply. Squad B is in the upper levels, where all the plumbing and machinery is.

(Azrael) This should be easy, time to test the disruptor guns!
(j'ordos) Screw the disruptors, I keep my Autocannon!
(jack cloudy) Quiet you two, I think I heard something.
(Kratos) There! Arhropod! Get him!
Squad A opens fire, greatly enjoying an easy firefight.
The Arthropod drops dead.
(Azrael) heh, piece of cake. dipstick, come down here, we're having a blast!
(dipstick) We are trying to.

Squad B tries to find a way down, but the grav lifts appear to be inaccessible without getting into the tunnels, thing Squad B is reluctant to do since they would only be able to move in a single line and would be extremely vulnerable, they keep looking for a way down.

(Kratos) Watch it, two more artropods! *fire*
Two multiworms appear behind the arthropods and approach the Squad.
(j'ordos) Time to BURN! :devilburn:
j'ordos switches to IC ammo and fires at the multiworms, one of them is killed, releasing the hyperworms and the other retreats behind the arthropods. jack cloudy takes a hit from the hyperworms but these are quickly subdued.
One of the arthropods throws something cross-shaped at the squad.
(jack cloudy) That doesn't look good...
(Azrael) RUN!
Squad A retreats under disruptor fire to attempt but fails to get cover from the cross. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
(Kratos) UUuuuuuuuggh!
(Azrael) AHhhhhhhhh!
(j'ordos) Quick, use your medikits!
Squad A retreat behind a platform, Kratos, Azrael and j'ordos attempt to heal themselves, still under heavy fire.
(Azrael) Squad B, COME DOWN HERE!

*meanwhile* [insert batman transition animation here]
(dipstick) They're pinned down, we must get to them!
(mikker) It's the tunnels or we are trapped.
(Mad) Let's go then, dipstick you lead.
dipstick leads the squad into the tunnels, there is a hissing somewhere ahead. Alien eggs, dipstick fires the disruptor gun on them and quickly kills them, but wait! three hyperworms appear out of nowhere and attack the squad, dipstick takes some damage but kills them, Squad B decides to retreat from the tunnels and keep looking for another way down... maybe breaking the tunnels walls and entering the gravlift?

Azrael and Kratos heal, but the Arthropods are still firing, what the heck? a stun grenades goes off, stun gas is released all over, before the squad can act, they all fall unconscious, j'ordos wounds continue to worsen without treatment, the arthropods are closing.

(dipstick) I tell you there is no other way in, let's go!
Squad B enters the tunnels again. On a turn, a popper shows up, no way of killing him without killing the entire squad in the explosion, so dipstick draws his Stun Grapple, but the Popper decides to get away from the squad, dipstick moves ahead alone to try to stun the popper or at least use his body as a shield :P

jack cloudy wakes up in the nick of time, he moves withing firing range of the approaching arthropods and fires his disruptor gun, and kills one, shortly after two spitters show behind the remaining arthropod, jack kills one, but the disruptor fire is still heavy, jack is wounded, and a multiworm has showed up and is closing again, no chance of surviving on his own, jack retreats and picks up j'ordos autocannon and fires IC rounds at the Aliens, the explosions have caused great damage to the structure and the platforms are collapsing. He kills the multiworm and the arhtropod, is hit again by a hyperworm but manages to kill all remaining aliens. Azrael regains consciousness and checks on his teammates. j'ordos died while unconscious and Kratos was dead before the grenade went off, probably one of his when the disruptor fire got him.

dipstick sees the popper again, he's in a straight section of the tunnel, behind it are two spitters, maybe... switches back to disruptor gun and fires attempting to make the popper go boom and catch the spitters in the explosion. Unfortunately, by the time he hits the popper, it was too far away from the spitters, and was sadly at a junction, THE only junction that connected the main tunnels to the tunnels where the gravlift is. The tunnels collapse, trapping Squad B on the upper levels. The spitters retreat and dipstick remains there, in case they show up again.

More platforms collapse, this time under Azrael's feet, dropping him into the water levels, the lowest level. jack cloudy looks for the rest of the Aliens, enraged for his team's death.
Azrael finds that his weapon is depleted, and grabs his dead teammates' disruptor guns, one on each hand, and tries to find a way up.
jack cloudy fails to encounter more Aliens, but Azrael finds some spitters, after dodging a dropping tube (the one destroyed by the popper), Azrael looks up and finds two spitters hiding, in the exchange of fire, the spitters die. Mission Over.

That was great fun, eh :D and a complete surprise I tell you, wasn't expecting this kind of damage, sadly the boomeroid the arthropod threw was the only one, so I cannot research them yet <_<

[code]TOTAL KILLS

dipstick - Squaddie - 38
j'ordos - Squaddie - 30
Abyssion - Squad Leader - 18
alok - Squaddie - 15
blehm - Sargeant - 12
kafros - Squaddie - 12
mikker - Squad Leader - 11
Puasonen - Squaddie - 8
Mustang - Squaddie - 7
Moriarty - Squad Leader - 7
Mad - Squaddie - 7
Azrael - Squaddie - 6
Jack Cloudy - Squaddie - 3
Kratos - Rookie - 2[/code]

[code]CASUALTIES

dipstick - 1
kafros - 1
j'ordos - 1
Kratos - 2[/code]
Sorry Kratos, I had you killed shortly after at Lifetree's school. Edited by Azrael

(Civillians) Please help us!
(Mustang) Worry not! I'll save you!

[attachment=7772:attachment]
(Mustang) Whoops...

I guess giving Mustang IC ammo was not a good idea :smirk: At least you got all the Aliens (4-5 multiworms and a couple of arthropods)... and civillians :P

Kratos promoted to Squaddie. Edited by Azrael

I'm in the process of building my second workshop, after that, we'll get all engineers to work on disruptor guns and a steady income, after that, the second base will be built :) I do need more space for the advanced labs.

I think that you are purposely not putting me in combat. I don't care how much health i have, i could have one left, just me put in combat (actually, don't put me in if i have only 1 health left)
edit: fixed minor grammatical error Edited by Blehm 98