XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Difficult Level

Chaim

Hey guys i just finished the game on easy lvl, in the last 4 aliens missions i was really bored coz i didn´t find a single ufo to shoot down with my 8 retaliators and 5 anihilators, now i wanna play higher, my question is, whats the difference in game lvls? Higher lvls mean:

- More ships atacking?

- More aliens in each ships? (more equipment indeed)

- More atacks to my bases?

- Aliens and security forces are smarter? Aim better?

- Harder to keep a good relation with all organizations?

Plz aswer, plz

(more aliens, mean more equipment and more money from selling it?)

(governement give less money?initial and weekly)

Edited by Chaim

well, one difference is different city. Others include more, better equipped aliens that will retailiate more, with heavier firepower. Basically, the AI gains quite a bit.

Aliens will attack you more, and organisations will not tolerate being hit as much, you simply have to be better, quicker :)

Edited by dipstick

Hey guys i just finished the game on easy lvl, in the last 4 aliens missions i was really bored coz i didn´t find a single ufo to shoot down with my 8 retaliators and 5 anihilators, now i wanna play higher, my question is, whats the difference in game lvls? Higher lvls mean:

- More ships atacking?

- More aliens in each ships? (more equipment indeed)

- More atacks to my bases?

- Aliens and security forces are smarter? Aim better?

- Harder to keep a good relation with all organizations?

Plz aswer, plz

(more aliens, mean more equipment and more money from selling it?)

(governement give less money?initial and weekly)

at Harder level UFO become faster...(Specielly Fast attack ship) ...hard to shoot down :Brickwall: ....and your craft will more easy to shoot down

but the most important is Disputer Shield become harder to come by

in easy level you kill an ailen with shield if not use bio warfare you still get shield as well

but at normel if you kill ailen not use toxin you will loss shield at end

You weren't getting any UFOs because you destroyed the building that controls their production. (Not the factory or the maintenance factory - but the control centre, which should be near the 'maintenance factory')

I think the main difference is just that there's more of everything.

New map, extra base locations, more enemies, aliens/organisations get new alien tech faster (on account of having more enemies to kill and getting more points), alien stats are boosted slightly (it's not much of a difference, but it's rather noticeable on the larger aliens - and the multiworm).

You have less money to start with too.

The AI is, on average, just as stupid as it is on beginner, but there's more aliens to deal with and their slightly increased stats make their attacks a lot more effective.

But above all else - it's a lot of fun once you get used to it.

- NKF

newgunden: There's a solution to that. Stun gas and psionic stun - surefire ways of acquiring disrupter shields without the use of the toxigun. The stun bombs require a bit of luck, but psionic stun (or control) works every time - the main thing is you have to get a hybrid started in the psi lab from the beginning, psi may be limited compared to psi in the first two games, but its split-second disruptive capabilities are still very useful.

Edited by NKF

There is a lot of difference, i an in the end of the second week and i an already shooting down shielded transporters, about the fast atack ships i shoot them easy at lvl hard with 1 valk 5 phoenix and 4 hover bike all armed with laser weaps (no ammo a less damage to the city), i think that the mob makes the ai confused and they cant aim well, i an enjoying playing in lvl hard, i just hope to have enough time before the aliens bring dimension bazookas to the game (they hurt) :crying1:

There is a lot of difference, i an in the end of the second week and i an already shooting down shielded transporters, about the fast atack ships i shoot them easy at lvl hard with 1 valk 5 phoenix and 4 hover bike all armed with laser weaps (no ammo a less damage to the city), i think that the mob makes the ai confused and they cant aim well, i an enjoying playing in lvl hard, i just hope to have enough time before the aliens bring dimension bazookas to the game (they hurt) :crying1:

The more points you have, the more points the aliens have. Basically, if you do really well, they'll get the good stuff soon. ;)

If you're careful, you can balance it out by intentionally destroying stuff... yeah. It makes companies pished at you, but there's no (particular) harm in levelling to odd Cultist Temple on the citymap.. just be prepared for retaliation from defending aircraft and raids. :)

For me, the most important difference is that at higher difficulty levels the aliens will start using personal teleporters, which is, for me, one of the most important alien techs for playing the game. As I remember, even playing in normal difficulty level don't gives you teleporters, so, you'll have to play superhuman.

Besides this, as people already sad, the size of the city changes, which means more buildings and more area to defend; and ufo type 3 gets extremely fast at superhuman too, which makes them much more difficult to catch.

Playing in normal difficult level, you can catch them with almost any aircraft, but at superhuman, probably you'll need a swarm of bikes to catch one for research.

Besides this all, another reason to play superhuman is that if you start a game in any other difficult level, after playing it, you'll, someday, try to play superhuman. You'll never have the real feeling of beating the game before ending it on it's greater difficulty level. That's it :)

personel teleporters? aint you talking about personel shield or personel cloacking field? i never saw a personel teleporter (playing 6 week in lvl hard right now)

New technology appears on the battlefield when you increase very much your score. Have a 40000-60000 score and you might be lucky :) There's a thread in which it is discussed what appears at about what score.

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...indpost&p=72035

personel teleporters? aint you talking about personel shield or personel cloacking field? i never saw a personel teleporter (playing 6 week in lvl hard right now)

Once you raise your score high enough, these'll start to appear. They're the very last score released tech item that the aliens have, which is why it's so difficult to get them.

Trust me, they're well worth waiting for. You'll probably even start sacrificing your spare personal shield, cloaking device and even most of your medikits just to carry more of these (if you do sacrifice your medikits, remember to at least keep one medikit on someone in the squad).

The aliens simply don't know how to use these devices effectively - but you do.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

(stupid question), what this device do exact?

It allows the soldier using it to Teleport across the battlefield. Combine one of these with an Android Kamikaze Sword Lunatic (2x Plasma Sword, 2x Personal Shield) and jump into a pack of aliens. Watch the slaughter. :D

It recharges pretty slowly though. The further you go, the more energy it expends. If you're doing short jumps, it can be a great idea to hold something like a Vortex Mine in the other hand;

Sequence;

Pause Game

Put Vortex Mine in hand (Personal Teleporter in other hand)

Prime Vortex Mine for a few seconds (whilst paused!)

Teleport (still paused!)

Go into inventory, drop mine to ground (still paused!)

Teleport to a safe location (STILL paused!)

Unpause Game

Watch the Carnage (or at least listen)

:D

EDIT: It's a good idea to carry a second one if you're doing long distance jumps like this, as a long jump can often use up all of the module's power, and it recharges slowly... it's not a good idea to be caught on your own VX Mine when it goes off!

Edited by Exo2000