XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Official remakes!

oldfan

Though the minute I read that the 2k version if first person shooter, my heart missed a few beats. Unless they somehow do it base turned and having the first person view from each squad member view, I can't see anyway of it being anything like XCOM.

As for the second one, I read somewhere that a person who made a mod (BMan or something like that) to the original UFO Extra., is helping them shape up the new game so it'll be more XCOM like.

Edited by oldfan

Guest Azrael Strife
Yes, but be aware that UFO Extraterrestrials 2 is NOT an official X-Com remake, it's a game (dangerously closely) inspired by X-Com, the first one wasn't so good but bman's mod made it great, so much that Chaos Concepts hired him to give them a hand with the sequel. Hope it's better, found the vanilla UFO ET rather boring.

Yes, but be aware that UFO Extraterrestrials 2 is NOT an official X-Com remake, it's a game (dangerously closely) inspired by X-Com, the first one wasn't so good but bman's mod made it great, so much that Chaos Concepts hired him to give them a hand with the sequel. Hope it's better, found the vanilla UFO ET rather boring.

Yes..... I knew that the Chaos Concepts game is not the official sequel. Still, if it has the original XCOM feeling, I don't care.

:-)