XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ideas and opinions

Sgt Jones

I'm really not sure if i have posted in the correct area but if not can it be moved to where applicable. Anyhow I do have some good ideas for the remake and i am strongly for keeping it as close to xcom as possible. I also appreciate this isn't a corporation designed game with loads of money to splash out on but if possible i would like to see these changes.

Have a zoom feature on the battle field

Have a camera pan around feature too (like sims 3) without turning it into a 3rd person shooter, have the possibility to look over the sholder of the soldiers as they are taking their turn.

Have more of an interactive background. For instance bullet holes, blast holes and complete opening damage in walls. Have paperwork and general table clutter strewn over the floor if hit. Realisitc animatable fire textures and sparks coming out of damaged cables. You no nothing too over the top but more visual battle damage.

Have a completely new interceper screen. I did like the original version and weirdly i also like the "extraterrestrials" version two. Maybe turn the intercepter part into a small sub mission where you have a cockpit view and you have to fire on certain parts of the ufo to cause different types of damage. Eventually when you have developed larger scale weapons just be able to hold a beam over the ufo (while it tries to shake you off) consistently for like 20 seconds to bring it down.

Finally as i stated in other posts i am a 3d animator, video editor and video compositor if anybody in the developing side of the game is interested i can render out some high quality cgi video animations for you (intro's outros etc...) just let me know

Have a zoom feature on the battle field

Have a camera pan around feature too (like sims 3) without turning it into a 3rd person shooter, have the possibility to look over the sholder of the soldiers as they are taking their turn.

Um, you already can move the battlescape camera around, and rotate it, and raise and lower it (which gives you a zoom effect.)
Have more of an interactive background. For instance bullet holes, blast holes and complete opening damage in walls. Have paperwork and general table clutter strewn over the floor if hit. Realisitc animatable fire textures and sparks coming out of damaged cables. You no nothing too over the top but more visual battle damage.
Well, currently I'm trying to figure out how to have fully destructable battlescape (it's not easy.) Adding damage would be nice, if I could figure out how.
Have a completely new interceper screen. I did like the original version and weirdly i also like the "extraterrestrials" version two. Maybe turn the intercepter part into a small sub mission where you have a cockpit view and you have to fire on certain parts of the ufo to cause different types of damage. Eventually when you have developed larger scale weapons just be able to hold a beam over the ufo (while it tries to shake you off) consistently for like 20 seconds to bring it down.
The interceptor screen is currently a stub. There's lots of (different) ideas about what people would like to see for it, but it's not really core to the gameplay, so doing anything is not a priority for me.