XCOMUFO & Xenocide

What Are These People On?

You can download a demo which gives you an idea of gameplay. It uses an interesting real time system that pauses whenever a change in action occurs, which is a nice mix of turn base and real time IMO. The focus is on battle though, very minimal system for base management and research, it really isn't xcom any more. Take the difference between xcom1 and 3, make that many changes again between xcom3 and this, and you get an idea of how different it is. I liked the research and base management of xcom1, so I really didn't care for what I saw in the demo of this game.

uses an interesting real time system that pauses whenever a change in action occurs, which is a nice mix of turn base and real time IMO.

It's exactly the same system that is used in X-com 3

And X-com 3 was quite similar to previous x-coms. Even more resource handling and researhing and manufacturing and base management. That game is great in a way. Aftermath on the other hand has dropped base management almost completely! :o What a stupid idea :(

Besides, the story is quite idiotic. Yes, you started in X-COM with a bunch of guys in light armor vests and a few automatic rifles, but at least you had sponsors...I've no clue where those rebels take their equipment and especially fighters after an Apocalyptic cataclysm. I presume they didn't have time to hide it into underground vaults like they did in Fallout...given the speed of the Alien onslaught.

BTW, I find it ironic that some of those reviewers also say that this game may only appeal to hardcore XCOM vets. Hehe :P