7 replies to this topic

#1 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 04:19 AM

Hi!

I got this idea, which I don't know it has been discussed before. Anyway, here it is. When aliens drop their weapons, in XCOM1 they didn't do any effort to get a new one (the nearest). I think we should do something about this. So, if anyone loses his weapons (because of the psi attacks or similar) the soon as he gets back in control, he searches for a new one, especially the nearest (if it's safe to get it).

Greets

#2 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 04:33 AM

Hi!

I got this idea, which I don't know it has been discussed before. Anyway, here it is. When aliens drop their weapons, in XCOM1 they didn't do any effort to get a new one (the nearest). I think we should do something about this. So, if anyone loses his weapons (because of the psi attacks or similar) the soon as he gets back in control, he searches for a new one, especially the nearest (if it's safe to get it).

Greets

indeed. Its just plain stupid that they cannot pick anything up.

What about human weaponry? Can they pick all types of weapons?

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#3 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 05:59 AM

yes!!! :D that should do it!!! the aliens as well research human technology. And the human technology can not make exactly the same alien weapons, but only weapons based on that. So that way u get 2 sides with equal strength, but different weapons. Perfect for game balance!!!! AND! as well the possibility to play as aliens as well with research tree and everything!! :D

#4 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:13 PM

I agree. Aliens are smart enough to know that they should pick up their guns.

I don't know if they could use human tech, though. The aliens have alot of PSI interaction with their weapons. The human "pont and pull the trigger" thing would be tough to describe to an alien, because they'd be used to having the gun point itself. :rolleyes:
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#5 LeFire

LeFire

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 07:11 PM

I have seen an blue teletubby in Apoc pick up a Megapol Sniper rifle to shoot at my guys before (I edited the rifle to have better damage). In fact, he discarded his disrupter gun in favour of the human rifle.

#6 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:25 AM

I saw one pick up a toxigun. It was really funny. :)

This topic will be *MOVED* soon.
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#7 Arky

Arky

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:31 AM

Something should be done as well for when aliens controls humans. I remember in TFTD, when you'd get control of your soldier after a molecular control, the first thing you would notice is that he had dropped his gun, and had grenades in both his hands!
- Arky
"Buddhists believes in Nirvana, X-COM fans believes in Genesis."

Haunted by Ethereals in your dreams?
Think you're chased by a lobsterman?
You neighbor's favorite pet is a Brainsucker?
All that means you've been affected by the X-COM Syndrome.

Posted Image

#8 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

Something should be done as well for when aliens controls humans. I remember in TFTD, when you'd get control of your soldier after a molecular control, the first thing you would notice is that he had dropped his gun, and had grenades in both his hands!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So? it IS perfectly lethal...
I did the same thing with aliens carrying Blaster launchers... use it to find some of his buddies, and watch the silver footbal go and come back in his face....
Muhahahaha!!
:explode:
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"