XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Can't Run Or Reinstall Ufo2000 On A Windows Account

Jamaru

For some reason, I can run it on the windows admin account, but not a user account, so how do I fix that? I don't use the admin account because of security purposes. I tried to reinstall, but the account won't let me. It is windows xp by the way. :)

The error says "./init-scripts/main.lua:50: attempt to index local 'fh' (a nil value) stack traceback: ./init-scripts/main.lua:50: in main chunk".

The win32 installer needs to be updated to support user home directories and their private data. If I remember correctly, windows started behaving like a real OS and does not allow changing files in 'Program Files' directory.

edit: So in order to play the game right now, you can probably copy all the UFO2000 directory to some other place and set file permissions so that the game can modify them (write log files, change config file, edit soldiers data, etc.).

Edited by Serge

If I remember correctly, windows started behaving like a real OS and does not allow changing files in 'Program Files' directory.

That's why the %APPDATA% folder exists (you know that, but it doesn't hurt to make a notice)