XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-net Interface

Deimos

So no alien like ammo counter to the side then. Well here is link where u can find pics of g36 and info about it.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm

PS Even Finnish Defence force uses plastic clips so they are totally hip! :) Although they are totally black.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here are the cyberdisk , cannon hwp , and sectopod entries. Do there need to be changes to any of the ones I submitted so far? Are there any more needed, apart from those categories that don't seem to have a finished image yet?

rescale the cyberdisc to fit in the window properly with out slicing the edges.

ok... check the xnet section the project xenocide page... I thought we had another pic of the cyberdisc around here. also search for the original topic where it was constructed.

That's where I got it (this is the thread you mean, right?)

I took the last pic, as that one looked best, but it seems I can take the one above that last one too, just doesn't have that glowing effect ...

Will try that.

Also, that's about all the categories I could find pics for, there still are some but those haven't got any decent graphic concepts it seems :huh: Well, tell me if there's any more to do.

So I'm guessing RK received the various image files he needed for milestone 1 at this point? IIRC he just needed 2 entries and the UI graphics. I just want to make sure all that's taken care of.

So I'm guessing RK received the various image files he needed for milestone 1 at this point? IIRC he just needed 2 entries and the UI graphics. I just want to make sure all that's taken care of.

I emailed him the graphics about a week ago but haven't heard back as to if they were acceptable or not. (shouldn't be a problem since I used the PSD of the interface from Deimos)

I realized that quite a few entries here still uses original Ufopaedia names. Because of the copyright issues we are not able to use them. Everyone should be aware of it by now.

Since we have started work on XNet database, it will make sense to use names which will be used in the final release. I have not seen a full list of such name on the forum yet. If there is one, please point me to it. Otherwise, I think we need to do following:

1) Create a 'Xenocide Dictionary' - a one-to-one matching of Xenocide terms to original XCom Ufopaedia terms.

2) Using dictionary, describe XNet data structure: what are categories names, what are entries names.

3) For each entry specify what data is available - text, image, model, etc. Also, note if there is a specific text data like stats or something. Any additional comments are useful.

It would be useful if entry will be categorized by what layout to use to represent them (remember that layout discussion, which we have not finished?).

This is important task and it should have a high priority. Someone from CTD, I assume, should take the responsibility of executing that task.

Understood, i'll work on it. I'll post it in the x-net section.

Edit: Anyone who wants to help can add terms once I start the topic.

Edit2: The topic is up in the x-net section of the workshops. It still needs plenty of additions.

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger