XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Too Fast!

taydar

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest seuv

Hello

First time, sorry for my bad english (french)

So, i have a probleme with this game because on my computer the game is too fast. I explain, for exemple when i click on the world, the world turn very very fast, and when i have a war when i go to the left with my mouse, the screen gone too fast on the left...very difficult to play...

So, what can i do?? My computer is too fats for the game...??

ty

Moslo is program that slows down computer :) . It is dos based program, but as i recall it isnt too hard to use. There is other programs to Windows, but they mostly are shareware. Check Xcom1 tech support forums. If i remember correctly there was discussion about xcom running too fast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've tried both, neither of them work for me. Of course, I'm using VDMS (for sound support) and Windows XP. Is there a alternate version of the engine like with X-com 1 (the Win95 engine variant?)

Another idea is to run some other high-cpu apps at the same time, like seti@home. I'm surprised the moslo/turbo apps didn't work for you tho. It can be a balancing act to get it slow enough to play but not too slow...

Finding the right numbers is hard, but it should work. I found that some programs help out too (like Breunor said) so try running some.

Turn up Turbo really high (or low, depending on how you look at it) so that the CPU is real slow. Then try numbers in between so that you can find a nice balance.

I cant think of a reason why it shouldnt work. But maybe getting the Collectors Edition would help too.

• 3 weeks later...

Turbo can be found directly here.

The file is based on the downloads page of this very site, which can be found here.

Other programs can be found by putting their names into any old search engine.

This was a very old topic.

EDIT: Good ol' ressurection. :D

Edited by miceless

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem as above. When in a mission, the scroll throught the map is extremely fast. I cant see anything and the speed is set at 1.

I have tried programs to slow the game, but they slow the game but no the mouse scrolling.

How have you people solved this?

• 9 months later...

I'm also having trouble with these slowdown programs. The MoSlo trial version doesn't seem to work on more than one exe, so it only works for a little while and then the game speeds up again once it opens another exe.

Turbo doesn't do anything to any program on my XP machine here. I set it to 1% and it doesn't do a damn thing. It's even open right now :)

• 2 weeks later...

First post, yay!

But programs like Turbo and MoSlo did not work for me (Windows XP as well) either. I think we're just flat out of luck.

TftD really screwed up for me. The Geoscape is ultra fast and the tactical screen scrolls fast, but animations are choppy. Guess I'm stuck with UFO

First post, yay!

But programs like Turbo and MoSlo did not work for me (Windows XP as well) either. I think we're just flat out of luck.

TftD really screwed up for me. The Geoscape is ultra fast and the tactical screen scrolls fast, but animations are choppy. Guess I'm stuck with UFO

I've heard that in some computers turbo doesn't help. I suggest you try to get your hands on dos version (then you use moslo) and a CE version (with this you use turbo) If neither of these works, you should try dos version with dosbox.