#1 Juspar

Juspar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:45 AM

So just when does the end game arrive?

I'm playing my first game. I've had an Avenger loaded with crack troops, hover tanks and fussion ball launchers for two months. I researched the Cydonian effect months ago, and I'm just sitting arround waiting for something new to happen. Aliens keep flying by and getting shot down. I keep ransacking downed UFO's, but nothing changes.

Am I impatient, do I still need to do something else?

#2 Snakeman

Snakeman

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:19 AM

If you've researched the "Cydonia or Bust" topic, you should be able to see the option whenever you go to launch your Avenger from the Geoscape screen (the intercept tab, then selecting the ship). You should see the Cydonia option next to a cancel option.

#3 Juspar

Juspar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:59 PM

Oh dear. That was too easy, I was looking for a much more obscure answer. :)

Thanks

#4 Snakeman

Snakeman

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:21 PM

You should have seen me try to save the life of a couple of soldiers after I'd been away from the game a long time. Instead of clicking the body part and clicking the heal button on the medpack, I was just clicking heal and wondering why my guys were still dying :)

#5 Tsereve

Tsereve

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, my first month of playing X1, I kept trying that. Then I finally asked :wink1:
Justice will be dispensed by cannonade and cutlass, and all manner of remorseless pieces of metal.

Take one more step, and I swear, I will kill you so hard you will die to death.