XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Another Newb Question: Magazines

kbarrett

I started to play X-com Apoc last night again after years .... ( yes, you can run it under WinME ), and have forgotten how to remove a magazine from a weapon.

I don't mean reload, but how to actually remove the mag.

I remember from years ago that any partially used magazine dropped on the ground gets regenerated with a full load after the fight ... provided it is on the ground and not in a weapon.

Could someone remind me how to unload a rifle? Other than firing it into a civilian....

Maybe, I'm wrong, but as I remember, there's no way to unload a weapon when on tactical missions. You can only unload a weapon outside a mission. And this thing of getting an entiry clip from an used one if it's on the floor, is not from xcom 3, but ufo defense and tftd. On Apocalypse, when the equipment is recovered, the game collects all unloaded clips counting the number of shots remaining, and the loaded are lost if they were used, or are recovered entirely, otherwise. To save some ammunition, I believe that what can be done is to fill the clips on your weapons when the mission is ending (by dragging a clip on the weapon), so the game will count an entire clip on the weapon, and the remaining shots from the clip used. Please someone correct me, in case I'm wrong.

edit: I was wrong, the clips in your weapons stay as they are at the end of the mission. The problem are the clips on the weapons on the ground/corpses at the end of the mission. These clips are lost, if they aren't filled at the time the mission ends. That's it.

Edited by alok

There's no need to worry about wasted bullets in Apocalypse. The game stores all the bullets individually - or more to the point it stores the total number of bullets you actually have. We, however, only work with the clips, which are made up of groups of bullets.

For example, when you buy 10 M4000 clips, the game adds 30 M4000 bullets to storage, but we still only work with the the 10 clips. Any partial clips left over are not displayed as clips, however they are still in storage and will be used to refill the gun.

Any clip that is under the max will be refilled by taking any remaining bullets from storage. If it's equal or greater than the max then nothing happens to it.

- NKF

Tip (if you didn't already know): You can combined identical clips into a single clip.

This cannot be done in the cityscape and only works in the battlescape.

Open up the inventory and then drag one clip on top of another clip and then release. The clip you dragged will go back to its original location. However, now one of the clips will have an ammo count of 0 and the other will have the sum of the two clips. The empty clip can be thrown away, or kept (to be refilled at the end of the mission), or loaded into the gun to make it vanish. Do this with brainsucker pods if you're picking up heaps of pods and have run out of space. The dud pods won't hatch too - but I'd rather make them vanish.

Note however that while combining a clip into a single clip frees up a heap of space (particularly for rockets), you are still carrying the same amount of weight. It's not cheating - you're paying for the extra space by heavily encumbering yourself, which doesn't do anything for your strength.

This combined clip will remain like this until you spend it all or if you remove it when you're in the base. When you do that, it'll split back into its individual clips.

Wow NKF... that means that if i ever decide to raid someone and don't want to neutralize all targets, i can just fit 25 minilauncher rockets into one.. also means that i can have pack soldiers who carry ammo for others

I mean stun raids, i've been raiding Marsec and Megapol, but i'm gonna start actually raiding Nutrivend(once i get way more stun grenades from megapol

Bah, wimp :P

Edit: btw, Stun Grapples should be your weapon of choice in Stun Raids. Stun grenades are useful when you find a whole group of them at once, but duel Stun Grapples on Aggressive and Auto mode will take care of that no problem.

Edited by Tsereve

Tried my first stun raid on Megapol last night .... not enough troops to keep them all stunned at once .... disarmed cops wandering around all over like confused zombies.

I had to flee the battle field once all of the troops were totally loaded with gear....

yeah, tsereve, i figured that out eventually

kbarrett, what you do is stand back a bit and let the cops run around, and eventually you'll get them all... use the ammo stacking thing if you're going to do that then :)

kbarrett. PLEASE CHECK POST DATES BEFORE REPLYING. You're posting in threads that went dead about six months ago. Leave them be.

And ammostacking works really nice for autocannons. Combine a load of AP clips into one and let the carnage begin. :D