54 replies to this topic

#51 miceless

miceless

Colonel

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:09 AM

Is there going to be an intro for Xenocide?
"If it moves - kill it. If it doesn't move - kill it anyway, it might move later."

#52 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:00 AM

Intro- yes, Deimos is working on it I think. Ragdoll physics engine is already in the system/plans. The amount of implementation might be limited in v1, but I expect that future versions would look at adjusting the damage levels for concussive force to include force vectors and moving stuff around. Imagine a shock wave just strong enough to destroy all the fragile windows on the block, one grenade blows out all the windows nearby. :D

Lot's of work to implement, but the results will also be very nice.

#53 Guest_drewid_*

Guest_drewid_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:04 PM

from a design point of view the turn based time slices makes ragdoll stuff easier.

there's a great ragdoll demo called "stair dismount" here

might be a chunk of work tho.

#54 GreatGold

GreatGold

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 852 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:32 PM

Hey -

Also, if you liked that demo (hehe, I did...), then check out the Ragdoll Physics thread. There are a few more there, and number more linked to the ODE page. And yes, Breunor is right, if/when we implement a true ragdoll physics engine, it will be VERY cool (not to mention tactically very significant).

But as RK said, we need more programmers, or at least one or two with experience in this field, to pull it off for v1. I'm asking around though, so who know...

Gold
---
Rule #33:
Celatid venom is a paralytic nerve toxin, not 'happy juice".

---
Posted Image

#55 kashyyk

kashyyk

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:26 AM

Isn't this off topic?