XCOMUFO & Xenocide

What Are These?

Kratos

Ok I have been playing TFTD for the past day or two and got decently far. First of all, I would like to say TFTD is damn hard compared to ufo. <_ i been doing this because am trying to do a little research on what everything is like in tftd so can port additional things from it ufo2k without feeling totally unknown the game.>

But I decided to take a peek in the bigobs.pck file and found these strange item images. I have no idea what they are to be honest. Additional items that were never used? Or if they are, could someone tell me what they are? <_ images below if not what they might be>

Edited by Kratos

Bigobs 42, 40, 43 & 54 are for the weapons mounted on the SWS's (it's what appears in the hand slot). The other three are I believe for the alien terror units, though it's been a really long time since I've checked them. NKF would know. ;)

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

Ok thanks. After talking with Hobbes, and hearing from you, the only items I am now in question are these:

27 and 55 are flares, one being Chemical Flare. But apparently, an extra one was made? Either the Xcom developers made a mistake (since they are the same image as far as i can tell) or they planned on making a more powerful flare. Maybe a Phosphorous Flare? ;)

63 I think is a Molecular Control Implant/Unit? (USOPaedia)

64 and 65 I forgot to add, but it appears 64 is some type of stun launcher/gun? I'm pretty sure this doesn't exist in the game.

Edited by Kratos

56 is Zrbite, and indeed 55 is the chem flare. 63 is just junk (unused) equipment I think. 64 & 65 are again, unused. 64 is a gun (pistol of some sort) and 65 is probably it's ammo. That's my best guess. :)

BTW, I think the alien turrets reuse the Displacer Sonic/PWT image (bigobs43). At least, that's how I remember it now - it's been a while since I've played. :P

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

56 is Zrbite, and indeed 55 is the chem flare. 63 is just junk (unused) equipment I think. 64 & 65 are again, unused. 64 is a gun (pistol of some sort) and 65 is probably it's ammo. That's my best guess. :)

Well they won't be useless when I'm through with them in Ufo2k. :) (except Zrbite, it has no battle use)

BTW, I think the alien turrets reuse the Displacer Sonic/PWT image (bigobs43). At least, that's how I remember it now - it's been a while since I've played. :P

- Zombie

ok

Well they won't be useless when I'm through with them in Ufo2k. :) (except Zrbite, it has no battle use)

LOL, Technically, yes, Zrbite has no true battle use. However, it is an object on the battlescape and thus can be carried. At least for me, being able to carry Elerium/Zrbite is important as I can run "smash 'n grab" missions against alien bases and such. I doubt you guys even use Elerium or Zrbite so it isn't a big deal anyway. :wink1:

Not sure which of the chem flares is used. I think it is 55 and bigobs27 is an unused chem flare. :D

- Zombie

TFTD makes it harder to do smash and grabs as most of the Ion Beam Accelerators (there are several varieties) they spawn under tend to blow up. Violently. I'm not sure how volatile the IBA's in colonies are, but the IBA's in USOs aren't going to let you get that Zrbite all too easily.

Mind you, picking up an unconscious unit and throwing the unit into the tile still works.

As for using Elerium/Zrbite in UFO2000 - think, large and very potent UFO/USO decimating explosive. ;) You could also use them in the same way as a flag in a capture-the-flag game - only more like bonus flags as opposed to the main flag that you have to capture.

- NKF

Edited by NKF