4 replies to this topic

#1 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

I need to pick a department

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 02:43 PM

I try to find an explanation about this mysterious word, but i don't find, so i am asking you: What is the Sourceforge?

And does Xenocide must use a 3d engine or is it not necessary? :sly:

#2 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 03:28 PM

Sourceforge is the place that hosts open source code. Since Xencide is open source, sourceforge hosted it. ^_^

The Game engine we are using is probably (we are still evaluating other alternatives) going to be -------------- (I remember it had a cheesy name like that) We looked into using Unreal tourney 2k3's engine, and the quake engine, but those were unsuitable to our needs.

EDIT BY RED KNIGHT: We were developing our own, but now there are several that at the time didnt have want we wanted. Now there are a handful of them (that is what we are evaluating)...

Edited by red knight, 01 December 2003 - 05:47 PM.

I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#3 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 03:28 PM

Sourceforge.net is a web site that provides a place for open source development. We store our source code there.

Yes, this remake is going to be a 3D-based game, so we'll need an open source 3D engine.

Edit: Rotten Facehugger, beating me to the post! :cussing:

Edited by Breunor, 01 December 2003 - 03:29 PM.

#4 mamutas

mamutas

Colonel

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 08:56 PM

Edit: Rotten Facehugger, beating me to the post!  :cussing:

He always does it to me! I have lost my Welcome Guy status because of him! :cussing:

Anyway...

Syntax Error, check this link: www.sourceforge.net/projects/xenocide.
This is where we keep our code and release files, as well as list of opened bugs and tasks. It really worth to look at occasionally.
mamutas@sourceforge.net

#5 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

I need to pick a department

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 02:38 AM

Aaaaah my mind feel better, i can sleep now, i know what is the sourceforge :rock:
Thank's!