• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Brick-To-Face

Brick-To-Face

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

I would love to see an AI in UFO2K, it would be nice to have smoething to do in idle time. Then when someone joins and invites you, you save, exit AI game, and play.

#52 hitmark

hitmark

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

ran into this freeware game on underdogs today:
http://www.the-under...e=PaybackTime 2

it even have a ai in there.

on this page:
http://users.tkk.fi/~kluojus/

its claimed that the source code is included, yet i cant find anything in there zip to indicate that (alltho it may all be in assembler for all i know).

anyways, it may be a place to "borrow" the basics of a ai ;)

#53 zaimoni

zaimoni

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:43 AM

Yes, the source code is included in the second release. Unfortunately, the Underdogs release is the one that works "out of the box".

It's written in Turbo Pascal, with a few assembly language files. It can be tweaked to build on 6.0, but it really wants 7.0. Porting to FreePascal is not easy. No object orientation.

It has a zoo of side effects (inappropriate globals). You will need to do moderate fixing just to keep the lighting code from corrupting the memory.

It actually has a proper visibility model. While it has a telepathy hack, with some major rewriting this could be removed. I have almost finished restructuring the code on my end (still have this nasty loop in the AI that can result in infinite firing).

#54 Mustang

Mustang

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hey, is there still the possibility of AI? All my friends refuse to play against me, they want co-op

#55 bamb

bamb

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

Prolly no AI soon...

If you are much better than your friends, you could play so you play with much less points than them, making it more even. Say, 5000 vs 10000 point teams.

#56 meodai

meodai

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:15 AM

Hey, is there still the possibility of AI? All my friends refuse to play against me, they want co-op

make new friends :) join us on #ufo2000 irc-channel on quaenet. Im sure you will find opponents at your level :)

#57 Popek

Popek

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

make new friends :) join us on #ufo2000 irc-channel on quaenet. Im sure you will find opponents at your level :)

irc.quakenet.org
#ufo2000

hopefully you weren't trying 'quaenet' :D