XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Research Bug

Hi, I noticed something when conducting research on XCOM UFO Enemy Unknown and I noticed a big bug while conducting research. A good example is, I am conducting research on UFO Navigation and I have 50 scientists conducting the research on one item and the research never gets completed. Is this an actual bug or what is going on?

I started multiple new games and conducted research on multiple items with all my scientists researching just one item and it never gets completed. The progression also indicates unknown instead of the poor or the good. What is happening?

Please enlighten me on this and also I am running DOS Box.

Edited by Dampachi

How many days have passed since you started the research on the UFO Navigation? UFO Navigation need about 450 days to complete, so with 50 scientists that roughly 9 days of research.

There's a little bit of randomness thrown into the research time where it is increased or decreased by a small percentage of +/- 50% at the start.

There's more detail than I can reasonably fathom over at the ufopaedia wiki:

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=R...chnical_Details

- NKF

Edited by NKF

How many days have passed since you started the research on the UFO Navigation? UFO Navigation need about 450 days to complete, so with 50 scientists that roughly 9 days of research.

There's a little bit of randomness thrown into the research time where it is increased or decreased by a small percentage of +/- 50% at the start.

There's more detail than I can reasonably fathom over at the ufopaedia wiki:

http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=R...chnical_Details

- NKF

It was over a month since they initially started the research. I noticed it takes a very long time when I research other items as well such as Elerium 115, Alien Alloys and even the alien corpses.

One thing you might want to check. Are you using XComutil by any chance?

It has the 'research-help-from-aliens' setting that increases the difficulty of researching items by drastically increases the normal research times, and is sped up when you capture aliens.

- NKF

It has the 'research-help-from-aliens' setting that increases the difficulty of researching items by drastically increases the normal research times, and is sped up when you capture aliens.

- NKF

Nope, not using xcomutil at all. I am thinking maybe too many scientists can be a bad thing?

- NKF

Nope, not using xcomutil at all. I am thinking maybe too many scientists can be a bad thing?

I have about 70 scientists in the game I'm playing now, and I've finished that very research in reasonable time. So we can rule that out. :)

- NKF

I have about 70 scientists in the game I'm playing now, and I've finished that very research in reasonable time. So we can rule that out. :)

It is weird because it did it to me again, I don't know what is going on... WTF