XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Base Facilities

Heat

:D I am so into this game. I played it b4 but never as detailed n high level as now.

Wif the base facilities like missile defense n radars. Does building 2 make a difference? Like would ur base defense double in effectiveness if u had 2 p.w.c missilies built? Or be twice as effective in detecting alien craft if u had 2 radars instead of 1?

check this thread for the radar : http://www.xcomufo.com/forums//index.php?s...wtopic=2336&hl=

and this one for base defence : http://www.xcomufo.com/forums//index.php?s...?showtopic=1848

(They are both for xcom1, but it's no difference asides from the names)

Edited by j'ordos

Hahah some interesting posts there, thx for ur help again jordos~!

My conclusion is that multiply radar does increase cahnce of detection but not a lot...

n multiple missilies is good but u mite get the aliens attacking non stop hmm...

i like the base design thing with places empty squares around ur hangers n lift but i think thats a lit bit of cheating, n always u have much less space to build stuff so i'll prolly go for the multiple missile :)

To stop battleship (I belive no big difference between UFO 1 & UFO 2 with that) you probably will need much more (or are you talking about some more advanced missile launcher :huh?:), and special facility layout isn't cheating - it's just layout which costs you with base space.

Ok guys i just wanna make sure. I read the x-com1 post abt the radar, they reckon the hwd (i am guessing thats the equivalent of transmission resovler) is the way to go, once u get 1 in ur base u can destory ur other radars.

Is that true for x-com 2? Once u get transmission resolver u dont need the other radars?

building multiple defences is certainly better than only one (even if very good). u can always see that in the Base Information > Defence Value bar or when you are attacked since, IIRC*, each weapon module only fires once per attack so more facilities = more chances of stopping that UFO from raiding your base ;)

that reminds me of a weird thing happened to me once. my base was attacked right on the beginning of a Beginner game. i hadn't even done aything yet (no interceptions, no new facilities, nothing). the Small UFO just comes and attacks. luckily, it wasn't very strong (Gil Mans and stuff) so it ended up giving me a head start on alien research :)

*IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

• 2 years later...
Ok guys i just wanna make sure. I read the x-com1 post abt the radar, they reckon the hwd (i am guessing thats the equivalent of transmission resovler) is the way to go, once u get 1 in ur base u can destory ur other radars.

Is that true for x-com 2? Once u get transmission resolver u dont need the other radars?

Sorry to bump a 2.5-year-old-topic, but I disagree with the previous answer. This is one of the things they changed from 1 to 2.

One Transmission Resolver does not cover the whole Earth. It does cover a very significant portion, such that eight of them spaced roughly evenly can totally cover the planet.

No, nothing was actually changed between 1 & 2. Both the HWD and the Transmission Resolver have a detection range. In the case of the Transmission Resolver, the range is said to be 800 nautical miles (according to the OSG for TFTD). Within that 800 nautical mile hemispherical range you have a 100% chance to detect a USO. :)

- Zombie