XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Aliens Climbing On My Back

I had noticed this odd situation when it was the first time I was playing the game, and it seems I had taken a mental note never to let it happen by avoiding it. Now that I remember it, I wonder if this a bug.

The thing is, if you stand on the same square with a stunned alien's body, it almost always gets back up. Anybody have any explanation for this? I try torationalise it by thinking that if you stand on the alien, with all of your weight on the alien's body, it is the equivalent of slapping him up. Or smt like that...

I noticed this too. However, when I went and compared the real stun level drop-off in between turns (I saved a lot and examined the unitref.dat file's hex values that count the stun level for the stunned unit), there was no variation whatsoever between having the unit recover with or without someone standing on top of it.

Still, I must admit, it does feel as though it goes by much faster, doesn't it?

P.S: If you're standing on top of or carrying a stunned unit, the unit will always wake up to the north (top left of your screen), unless there's something in the way, in which case it finds the nearest tile (clockwise, I think).

However, if you're floating and carrying the unit, the unit will wake up and stand in mid air beside you (as if it were on the ground.). It'll actually continue to levitate until it moves (or it moves downward as if it were going down a lift). This normally isn't a problem, but if you were carrying a lobsterman at the time, it will start bashing you.

So, the moral is: If the alien has a melee attack - never carry it around with you for long periods of time. ;)

- NKF

edit: Sorry, I meant top right of your screen. I was thinking in relative terms. ; :rolleyes:

Edited by NKF

• 1 year later...

Works for stunned Soldiers too...cept it takes a LOT longer.

one time fighting a very large lobstetrman mission i had a bugger launch a stun bomb right inside my ship...knocked out 13/14 men one poor semi concious bugger wayyyyy in the back hadda open the door ...take a potshot if he saw someone if not go grab a body n pile all 13 in one spot n wait...wait wait....only took 100 turns or so to revive my squad...Mental note...research med kits when i get back to my base.