XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Planetview/battleview

stewart

Where are we on this? I can't find anything on it. I know that Scott will be retiring soon and he's interest in making a quick battle resolution module. I was thinking we should have the interface hammered out before then. If we do can someone point me the way?

Battleview is still not being developed. The only related to it work done is the definition of the interfaces for item description as well Cpt. Boxershorts work on XML file for dynamic game information storage.

Could somebody post a more or less detailed list of tasks to do (probably even reviving the sourceforge task tracking that is supposed to be used)?

I too would appreciate both a task list and a high-level design document detailing what has been decided before.

I realize the design spec is probably all in the forums but I personally don't have time to read 3 years worth of posts and filter out the useless from what made it into the final design. Coding is much better use of my time :D

I understand someone is in charge of maintaining a master document. Could it be posted?

People ask and they will be givenh!

I am glad to know that there is a demand for that. It means more programmers are coming. :D

So, listen up then. We (senior programmers and site admins) started work on Programmer's Portal (working name, so far) - the page will address those raised issues. The work is still in progress and nothing is set in stone yet, but here is the outline of what we think to have there:

• who is who and who is doing what - short description of current work by member
  • available assignments - list of what should be done in the nearest future
  • roadmap - long term plans, possibly including planned release dates
  • the simple instructions got downloading from CVS, what our compiler is, how to join the project as a programmer, etc, for prospective members
  • links to forums/mailing lists - we use xcomufo forums for more general design and discussion, and we use SF mailing list for implementation related discussion

If you think something very important is missing, feel free to post your idea here.

Also, there are no master document about the game structure - there were too few of us to need it. There might be one in the future. :)

Dont mention that we would be glad to here if a couple of members want to draft one. Just ask what is missing (in a simple question and I assure it will be replyied the faster we can).

Greetings

Red Knight