XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Funny Screenshots

floater medic

they must have taken quite a while.

I remember i have a screenshot somewhere of a troop walking on water in tftd. I'll try and find it.

WHERE IS THAT LAST SECTOID

(never did find him)

makes me wish I still had that shot of turn 3067 in that tftd game

just let me find my turn 4000 and something screenie. it was a tftd colony and i wanted to zap all the aliens :P

LOL turn 3000.  That must have taken hours!

2 weeks

I was looking for a gill man in a cruis mission and later found it fleeing down the hall and running into a room and hiding in a closet

Edited by Mustang

The moment I have a mission taking longer than 100 turns, please kill me :laser:

Even a colony mission, where I try to zap every last one of the aliens never took me over 50 turns I think (wild guess, could be I never did one over 30 or over 70, but definitely never ever did I have a mission take 1000+ turns :wacko: )

Ok, the main reason for that might be that I lose patience and just start running all my soldiers their max TU allowance until I spot the last bugger, and pray they don't get shot :)

I've had those a bit over 100 turn tftd cruise missions too :cussing: Those buggers in the closet aren't that bad, you just check them all but I've had invisible aliens and it's an annoying bug. You just have to go in every room and stand there one turn because you can see the alien in alienturn if your soldier sees it. Happens quite often actually.

Have you tried blasting away some objects (bodies, useless equipment) with grenades? The invisible alien usually happens because the object table is full....it gets unconscious because of an injury and when it awakens back there's no room for it.

There are actually a number of line of sight calculation errors in some maps, so an alien standing right next to you vanishes. The bottom of stairs usually has this, and the door into the coldroom in one of the TFTD cruise ship missions does this too.

Here's an old screenshot I'd taken years ago. I know how it was done, and no, there's no major trickery involved. Still, I'm sure some of you might find it amusing.

I imagine a caption like: 'How did I get up here?' would fit it just nicely.

- NKF

shot0015.gif

Edited by NKF

Okay, now tell me how you got there! :D

Have you tried blasting away some objects (bodies, useless equipment) with grenades? The invisible alien usually happens because the object table is full....it gets unconscious because of an injury and when it awakens back there's no room for it.

Aha! Have to try that next time, thanks for the advice! :beer:

It's hard to describe, but I'll try. You see, just offscreen is another hill. The soldier initially started on top of that hill.

I wanted to move him up close to the rock formation. I clicked one tile too far and, lo and behold, the soldier walked down the hill to ground level, and then walked 'up' onto the lowest step of the rock formation. The soldier wasn't quite standing on the level, but on the level below (though elevated). So by moving into the next tile along, the soldier began to climb up the rock face like it were stairs. This works until you tell the soldier to drop down onto any lower tile.

It uses the same trick you use to walk through ground level UFO walls (the west and northern faces).

It might sound a bit confusing until you see it in action.

Another easier option is to just toss a stunned soldier up there along with the weapons and then wait until the soldier wakes up. However, this wasn't the case with this screenshot.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Guest KillZone

Not that funny an it didnt take too long but I like it

I call it " What a Rookies worth to me "

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/584/shot11.jpg

Edited by KillZone

I have a special name for certain soldiers called "cannon fodder" i use them for openning doors, shielding my guys etc. (i'm gonna make a screenshot of real cannon fodder :devillauph:

- NKF

after Tommy set up the bomb in the middle of the russian X-com base, the entire thing vanished. Except for Tommy, he is immortal.

3rd one

the latest x0com recruites........

WOW How did that guy gbet those stats?!

Looks like a hacked character, to me (duh).

I actually used to do that.. I'm trying the game this time without modifying soldiers (too much.. I modified a squad for a temporary time.. was their first Terror mission, damn it (first mission, period, in fact)! I didn't want any screw ups, so I gave them 20+ to their Improved Stats values. It certainly allowed them to survive. I subtracted the 20 points from their Improved Stats values after the mission was over.. well, not entirely.. those that gained actual command rank, I only subtracted some teen value.. depended on the stat, really).

Edited by Aleksander Storm

if someone doesnt get off their donkey and posta funny screen shot soon i may cry!

im not kidding

i will

and then ill get high

and then ill get a headache

and it will be all your fault!!!!!!!

Guest KillZone

Ive got a Screenie of a pair of 2 Tshirt rookies standind outside a BShip in the remains of their squad...wanna see that?

I hate BlasterBombs... <_<

• 1 month later...

when interceptor goes insane! seriously, it's an unedited screenshot!

i'd call it 'on a galaxy far, far away...' :P

edit: or 'when something is 307074201838352000000000km away, you know there's something wrong with the game' :LOL:

xcom5.gif

Edited by SupSuper

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Couple things to comment on... no screens yet.

WHERE IS THAT LAST SECTOID

(never did find him)

Turn 117? Alright... who stole your Motion Scanner this time?

i once had a guy standing right in front of a celatid, but he didn't see it and it killed him :(

You'll often end up with a couple of TUs left. I've learned the hard way that not taking the time to watch your flanks, in any combat situation, is an invitation to a broken skull. (Or in this case, a melted one.)

Not that funny an it didnt take too long but I like it

I call it " What a Rookies worth to me "

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/584/shot11.jpg

I call it a walking bomb. Prime all the Explosives beforehand, and when he's killed, the aliens nearby get a nasty surprise... or is that what you'd planned all along?