XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Lasersquadnemesis

Mercury

I just recently found this great game lasersquad nemesis. You can dl it at [url="http://www.lasersquadnemesis.com"]here[/url]. It made by the same guys that made xcom. Anyway its really fun and its kinda like a better version of email xcom. :D Edited by Mercury

Isn't this THE version? (ok they're constantly adding new races and such, but isn't it supposed to be just what it is now?)
It's a laser squad kinda game for multiplayer only (PBEM, hotseat,...) and I don't think they're going to change that...
(free BTW, unless you want to play over internet (which you'll have to if you can't find anyone to play it near to you :crying: ))

[quote]Isn't this THE version? (ok they're constantly adding new races and such, but isn't it supposed to be just what it is now?)
It's a laser squad kinda game for multiplayer only (PBEM, hotseat,...) and I don't think they're going to change that...
(free BTW, unless you want to play over internet (which you'll have to if you can't find anyone to play it near to you  ))[/quote]

just saw on the mainpage they will be releasing the retail version, nevermind.
Anyone knows how to save a hotseat game btw??

• 5 months later...
just noticed this on the laser squad nemesis homepage
[quote]"Will LSN become like the X-Com games?"
The answer is yes, and more. We are currently developing an AI system for LSN which will be better and more sophisticated than the AI we developed for the X-Com games. We are also developing a massively multiplayer online strategy game based on LSN - something which X-Com lacked. We are also planning to build a more ambitious single player exeperience reminiscent of the first X-Com game (aka. UFO: Enemy Unknown) with a 'geoscape' world view, RPG elements and resource management. X-Com was just the beginning - LSN is the future.[/quote]
:happybanana:

• 3 months later...
Actually, this game ROX!

I tried it with my friends and then with a FI (Field Instructor) and now I've subscribed. I play two-three matches a day, even at work. The PLay-by-Mail option is GREAT! And the new Web Interface Server is even better, you no longer need an EMAIL!

Please, I do encourage you to try this game out, and IF you want a challenge, email me at laitanyel[at]hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
WHOAH HOLY :wacko: :o :D :rolleyes: :huh: :rock: :sly: :naughty: :LOL: :wink: ... This game looks awsome, I'm guessing its just a massive war between aliens(with egg shaped queens :blink: ) and humans? Anywho it still looks awsome, I just downloaded the trial version and now I'm gonna check it out, oh and if anyone has played ufo2000, do you think this or ufo2000 is better?

• 3 months later...
Guest alex the greater
great game but thay charge by mounth for multiply (what if i want to use my own server to hoast a game insted of paying for thare servers)

but outherwhise it is a great game it has a perfict tbs interface
its really a rts but it pauses evry 10 seconds and gives you a chance to give orders so evrybody takes theare turn at the same time unfortinitly it doesint have much depth like xcom did (no invintorys just defrent units whith defrent weppons)

i think xenocide should have a battlescape interface simalar to LSN

• 1 month later...
[quote name='SheaTastic87' date='May 1 2004, 10:17 AM']WHOAH HOLY  :wacko:  :o  :D  :rolleyes:  :huh:  :rock:  :sly:  :naughty:  :LOL:  :wink: ... This game looks awsome, I'm guessing its just a massive war between aliens(with egg shaped queens :blink: ) and humans? Anywho it still looks awsome, I just downloaded the trial version and now I'm gonna check it out, oh and if anyone has played ufo2000, do you think this or ufo2000 is better?
[right][post="76679"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Depends. I've played some trial LSN and it seems more complicated than UFO2000. UFO is more like the original X-COM and has a pretty good following on the server (someone is always on usually). Plus you don't have to pay (something that I always hate :cussing: ). Of course LSN does look pretty nice and it is really fun so....... it's a toss up. They are both good games and it really depends on what kind of gamer you are. People who like the old X-COM and its simple combat commands will love X-COM while those who love Micro-ing will drool over LSN. Thank God I'm both ^_^ Edited by Hailfire22

Guest Eagle of Fire
That game is the best multiplayer game I ever played on the internet. You swear because you have to pay to play? C'mon, if you can't manage to find 50$ for one complete year (no, there is no "monthly" fees) then you don't deserve playing such a good game.

The most common argument I seem to hear from Xcom fans when they try LSN is "man, you can't even [b]crouch[/b]! How can that game even be interesting?"

Answer is simple: game would [b]not[/b] be interesting to play if that option was implemented. Same thing for a GeoScape or research or whatever. Simplicity and a heavy dose of strategy is what make this game great. I like to compare LSN to chess.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='The Master Maniac' date='Sep 29 2004, 02:39 AM']Yeah, but heck--those repetitive screaming death sounds can drive a person insane, though! ;) Erm, other than that, it's quite fun. It ain't X-Com, but it's good enough to look into.
[right][post="96309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Errrr.....don't the aliens in X-COM have repetitive death screams too?

• 2 weeks later...
Just had my first game of Laser Squad Nemesis today. That was good :D
I am definitly going to get the full version and try it out for a month.
It is a little hard to compare it with UFO2000 because the playing takes place like Apocalypse real time mode. The commands seemed to allow a lot more tactical options than it, although they are harder to master.

[quote name='Hobbes' date='Oct 24 2004, 06:43 PM']Just had my first game of Laser Squad Nemesis today. That was good :D
I am definitly going to get the full version and try it out for a month.
It is a little hard to compare it with UFO2000 because the playing takes place like Apocalypse real time mode. The commands seemed to allow a lot more tactical options than it, although they are harder to master.
[right][post="98677"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah, I have the demo right now but around December I'm gonna buy the full version and subscribe for a year. My favorite race so far would be the machines. You can't play them but I've read that they are slow but heavily armed and armored. Perfect for my playing style ^_^

• 8 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.