XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Being Able To Buy Manufactured Tech.

BensonNosneb

Good point, it would be more expensive, but there's no reason we could'nt buy some stuff back after our money crisis is over...

:idea: Then again, the first batch of items we sell should be more valuable, since it's brand new alien tech...

Perhaps the weapons without amno would be worth less...

Then maybe the civvies would have something to almost defend themselves with?

Hmmm.... not sure :huh:

The military/organised crime would be the ones with a hands-on this stuf, even before the ultra-rich (aka not found in terror sites), so I guess you'd have a 0.000000001% chance to find an alien weapon handled by a Civie...

Remember, You'd have sold, what, less than a few thousand of these things, divided between 6 or 7 Billion people, and the governments/OrganisedCrime/R&DCorporations+Universities get first dibs... Not sure every Civie on the streets would have a 100 000+$ gun...

It would ruin the spirit of the game IMHO... <_>

That's true. But dont forget about all the weapons that we already have (not good enough for XCorps, but if some floater is trying to eat your baby you will grap the nearest iron)

But the longer the game progresses the more weapons should start showing up. You can't tell me that people wouldn't be able to reverse-engineer them (or at least learn how to make them - not necessarily understand them) eventually. Plasma weapons wouldn't make much sense, but low powered lasers might.

Sure why not? :)

Lends that much more nuance to the political and economic aspects. I'd love to see things show up in the battlescape like this from time to time, and is I feel, the best way to probably show us the ramifications of industrial espionage from jaded scientists/engineers, not to mention simply straight up selling every bit of tech you have :)

Stuff's bound to wind up in civies hands eventually, though even if we exclude the tech found on the "legal" or illegal markets, can't hurt to give a civie or two on every other terror map a shotgun or something for atmosphere :D