XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Special Mission 4 Country Takeover

Guest Jim69

Assume that the aliens have an agent on the inside of the government that gives them a nice landing spot. They infiltrate the 'presidential villa' and take the key officers. Based on when you landed during this (% of total time on ground you arrive into operation) operation the aliens would be just infiltrating, or already be egressing with thier stunned hostages. Once everyone was on the ship, they would take about 20 turns to warm up the engines and lift off. Of course the aliens would leave a nice contingent of human loyalists and alien guards left to keep the villa during the MC operation.

The MC Operation would last about four to six hours. You could shoot down the UFO, and maybe the leader surives. Just make sure you collect enough evidence if you retreat to prove the aliens abducted the leaders. Otehrwise you get a rep hit.

Once the leader returns your funding is cut. You can try and invade the villa and return power to proper authorities. Expect a really heavy fight, with military and police against you as well.

Coups are not limited to alien controlled nations. Rebel factions or other nations may offer you considerable money to help them take over a country. The advantage of these missions is your elites with alien technology veruss regular terran troops with terran weapons. Armour makes you godlike.

Once you get the right technology, you can also do MC operations to leaders. All that is stopping you is the invasion missions and your conscience. If you fail, make sure you leave no evidence you tried it behind.

I like this idea with regard to reputation. Or rather, deepening it a little more where funding is concerned (or not heh). About this mission hanging around a while (the way crashed UFO sites are handled)...I think it would make sense and is logical when you factor in the interrogation (or "proof angle" if everyone was dead but found altered humanoid corpses bred specifically for this task).

If I've been reading these posts right, it seems like some are saying there should be a couple of missions tied to this activity. One type is spotting the UFO with the Infiltration mission, downing it, then bringing back captured humans, the altered alien(s) for interrogation, or the remains of their corpses for study (to get a piece of the puzzle).

The other is if you had a successful interrogation of an altered alien which then pointed you to the private home/villa of the target leader. I think with this one sir schwick has a good point. If the site revealed to you becomes another landing site on your map for a few hours, you could have time to land early and see the way things would be before another infiltration attempt, or arrive in time to see aliens high tailing it to their transport (I think too, this should take some time, what being burdoned down with stunned bodies in their backpacks).

It sounds challenging from a tactical perspective to me. Well, the second half of that one anyway. Do you divide your squads, fight the imposters or do you pursue the escapees in hopes to kill them and rivive (yes, I believe the mission shouldn't end until you rivive the abducted - bring extra medkits) the stunned hostages (for perhaps a rep boost to yer funding)?