You cruel, evil people.

#4 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Anyway, I checked the latest update out and can't seem to find the Chrysalids on the list or is it just me? :unsure:

Check the date on this post....it contains a secret password to unlock the Chrysalids on the game....

#5 Jamaru

Jamaru

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

I get it, its april fools. LOL And very funny on the secret password nonsense. :P
~Plasma

#6 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

You cruel, evil people.

I'm the most evil person here. :P

Anyway, I checked the latest update out and can't seem to find the Chrysalids on the list or is it just me? :unsure:

Suuuuuuuure, mr. I-want-to-hug-an-Alien :laugh:

#7 John Faust

John Faust

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:53 AM

<_< how long till next real update?

Edited by John Faust, 02 April 2007 - 09:54 AM.

I thought I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or should I?

#8 nachtwolf

nachtwolf

UFO2000 Staff: Leader

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Hard to tell actually.

But the prank might just give you a good idea on what is planned. I'm serious if I say Chrysalids WILL be added. And I'm of the "better sooner than later" type.
Posted Image

#9 Guest_bamb_*

Guest_bamb_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

Hard to tell actually.

But the prank might just give you a good idea on what is planned. I'm serious if I say Chrysalids WILL be added. And I'm of the "better sooner than later" type.

I bet this idea has been tried, the medikit can't be done as a knife with negative damage? (i didn't check the april fools update)

#10 Sporb

Sporb

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

Hard to tell actually.

I bet this idea has been tried, the medikit can't be done as a knife with negative damage? (i didn't check the april fools update)

it would work except you could just keep healing a unit till the game crash's. which it does alot when this method is used.

#11 nachtwolf

nachtwolf

UFO2000 Staff: Leader

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

As sporb mentioned, things get quite trippy once you go over the max health of a soldier. We can hardly go without making a specific option.

Edited by nachtwolf, 04 April 2007 - 02:51 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Guest_bamb_*

Guest_bamb_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

As sporb mentioned, things get quite trippy once you go over the max health of a soldier. We can hardly go without making a specific option.

And lemme guess that melee weapons can't have clips like the throwaway rocket launcher... It'd of course be usable in games where people agreed to use it only on badly wounded soldiers and it had a non-huge effect on health.
Yah, ugly hacks...

#13 Exo2000

Exo2000

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

Hard to tell actually.

Only if? Not when? :P

And lemme guess that melee weapons can't have clips like the throwaway rocket launcher... It'd of course be usable in games where people agreed to use it only on badly wounded soldiers and it had a non-huge effect on health.
Yah, ugly hacks...

I think melee weapons right now are just guns with extremely short range and a different firing command with no chance of missing. So they could probably have an ammunition limit. :P

Oh, and by the way? It's "magazine", not "clip". <_<
Posted Image

#14 Popek

Popek

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

the website states (Prank is compatible with 0.7.1071) but this is not the case. At least not if the 1079 version player is taking the first turn

#15 Guest_bamb_*

Guest_bamb_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

the website states (Prank is compatible with 0.7.1071) but this is not the case. At least not if the 1079 version player is taking the first turn

Also one can't cross-watch replays.