XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Ds

hsbckb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Blue Knight has just posted some updated for this project:

Well I have a small update. As I mentioned before I started on the GeoScape World View. Anyway I've been tweaking the interface and sizes (all in code after loading the original data), below you can see the main GeoScape screen on the DS, the big change is that the Time/Date text display is different since that was the easiest area of the interface to resize without graphical quality loss. The globe isn't being rendered yet, I'm working on that now.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/blue_knight66/GeoScape1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

And since I never made a real update for the tactical combat, here is an older picture I have with aliens.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/blue_knight66/Aliens1.jpg

I've only implemented one type of alien (shown) and just the base agents (no armor yet), although I do have male and female now. As I progress through the GeoScape I'll update the equipment,aliens, etc. as the equivalent features (research, equipment, etc) get implemented in the GeoScape mode. That way there isn't anymore hacking in mission data and it flows naturally. So once the core GeoScape mode is finished I'll progress both modes in parallel until completion. I'll post more GeoScape screens soon :)

Some update from blue knight:

Given varying time constraints and other factors I couldn't give you a meaningful date even if I wanted to :) So I'm going with the "it will be released when it's done" approach. Besides you wouldn't want a buggy or partially complete version to be released just to meet a date right?

Anyway I'm working on GeoScape screens now, once all the graphical elements and core gameplay systems are done progress speed should accelerate. The tricky thing about the GeoScape screens is figuring out how to resize them without sacrificing quality and of course just figuring out how they were built too, some of the data was hardcoded in the exe (none of this is "hard" per se, it just takes time).

The base screen is nearly complete, I'll have new screenshots soon.