#1 bumsbomber

bumsbomber

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:17 PM

Hi

i am looking for a working level editor. XME looked really good, but it doesn't save the progress. Is there another, or knows anyone why XME doesn't save maps? I just want to edit the look of buildings etc.

Edited by bumsbomber, 28 October 2007 - 12:18 PM.

#2 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

Ive never had much luck with the map editing programs either.

Actually, the only programs that I HAVE gotten to work with success, are Pck viewer(For viewing graphical files), Overkill(simple weapon and vehicle editing, Apoc'd is better:P), Apoc'd(Perfect, I loveyou J'ordos), and Midnight Editor(Wonderful program for testing things I must say ^^).

most of the programs just dont seem to enjoy cooperating p:
Me: Magic Eight Ball, do alien beings inhabit the earth?

Eight Ball: For the love of God, would you stop jiggling me! How can I predict the future when I'm about to throw up?!

#3 bumsbomber

bumsbomber

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

That's really sad :(

XME would be perfect, but this saving bug (or is it a missing feature?) makes it useless as level editor. I tried to contact the author some months ago but he doesn't response. Who knows if he's still living? ^^

I'll try next days if XME works in Win95 (as virtual machine) to look if it's a compability error.

Edited by bumsbomber, 31 October 2007 - 10:45 AM.

#4 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:18 PM

Ive tried XME on a 98 before and had no luck, and a 98 is essentially an updated 95.

I doubt the program will work at all on a 95, the program atleast lets you have some false hope of it working though p:
Me: Magic Eight Ball, do alien beings inhabit the earth?

Eight Ball: For the love of God, would you stop jiggling me! How can I predict the future when I'm about to throw up?!