#1 VTNomad

VTNomad

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:16 AM

LONG time lurker, first time poster.

I'd forgotten about Xenocide for a while, and recently rediscovered it.

Does Xenocide run in Vista. I'm running 32-bit Vista Home Premium on my laptop, downloaded the installer, everything checked out, but I immediately get an error that the game has stopped working. I run 64-bit Vista Ultimate on my desktop, same error.

Is the related to DirectX 10?

Edited by VTNomad, 26 May 2008 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1958 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

Principally Xenocide runs on Vista, "x32" just as "x64".

Do other XNA games like "little gamers" (available at http://www.epsicode.net/2008/01/11/new-demo-full-package/) run?

Edited by Mad, 26 May 2008 - 01:23 PM.

Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Azrael Strife_*

Guest_Azrael Strife_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

LONG time lurker, first time poster.

I'd forgotten about Xenocide for a while, and recently rediscovered it.

Does Xenocide run in Vista. I'm running 32-bit Vista Home Premium on my laptop, downloaded the installer, everything checked out, but I immediately get an error that the game has stopped working. I run 64-bit Vista Ultimate on my desktop, same error.

Is the related to DirectX 10?

Do you have XNA Refresh 1.0?
Do you have .NET Framework 2.0? (3.0 is not enough)
Have you updated your DirectX 9.0c to its latest version? please check that you have, latest version is from April 2007, IIRC (there are many DirectX 9.0c and all called the same, so you'll need to check)

Reply to this topic