6 replies to this topic

#1 8-bit

8-bit

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:21 AM

Just downloaded UFO 2000 and it says I can import files from the original games. I have them but cant install them anymore on my XP system.
Do I HAVE to install the games first or can I simply cut and paste the files from the original disks?

Edited by 8-bit, 15 December 2009 - 06:26 AM.

#2 Zero Energy

Zero Energy

Squaddie

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:12 PM

Just copy all of x-com's files to
c:\program files\ufo2000 beta\xcom\

and for TFTD
c:\program files\ufo2000 beta\TFTD\

These are the defult directorys.

Edited by Zero Energy, 15 December 2009 - 05:07 PM.

"Burning propose. Etched forever in the mind as slow curves pulled upward into spikes.
Dark wings framing an almost human death skull. Almost, but for the fangs of the beast.
A creast for killers. Find it and you find the chalice, and the dark wing. Only five years remain."

#3 8-bit

8-bit

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

Thanks but do I have to install TFTD or can I just copy and paste the files from the disk?

#4 Zero Energy

Zero Energy

Squaddie

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

Nope all you have to do is copy all the files over you don't have to install it.

Unless you have a .exe install file then you have to install it and copy all the files from it over to the folder.

Edited by Zero Energy, 15 December 2009 - 05:02 PM.

"Burning propose. Etched forever in the mind as slow curves pulled upward into spikes.
Dark wings framing an almost human death skull. Almost, but for the fangs of the beast.
A creast for killers. Find it and you find the chalice, and the dark wing. Only five years remain."

#5 8-bit

8-bit

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

Many thanks!

Oh but what files are we talking about, just the maps??

#6 Serge

Serge

Project Leader: UFO 2000

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

The complete directories should be copied. UFO2000 does not need all the files (for example original X-COM executables are not needed), but it still expects a certain directory structure and to be on a safe side it is better to copy everything.

In order to simplify setting up and make sure that everything is copied in a proper way, the installer of ufo200 can automatically scan your hard drive(s), find the needed files and copy them into ufo2000 directory tree in a proper place. In this case, you need to have X-COM installed or unpacked somewhere before running ufo2000 installer.

Cheers.
ufo2000 development team
http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net

#7 8-bit

8-bit

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

Thanks again.

Will that allow me to use just the maps or can the original TFTD graphics be used as well??