6 replies to this topic

#1 Sectoid Scientist

Sectoid Scientist

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

I'm having yet another problem with TFTD CE. After Research is complete for the Aquatoid Medic, I click the ok button to close the screen and the damn game closes every time!. I had researched Aquatoid Squad Leader prior to. I have 3 other earlier saves to fall back on if need be. I'm only using the Collector's Edition Video bug and Sound fix. Help is greatly appreciated!.

Edit: I've gotten past the issue, I canceled the research for the Aquatoid Medic and researched Aquatoid instead. Once completed, I was able to click ok and continue. I then went on to research Aquatoid Medic and was able to continue once again when completed.

Edited by Sectoid Scientist, 26 October 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#2 Fomka

Fomka

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Maybe that first Medic gave you intel on some alien race that is not present in your game installation and that crashed your game. As far as I remember, if you reload a save before a Medic research is completed, that research may give you another result, another alien race. If this is true, and if after some save-reloading the game crashes, then the problem is in installation (some alien race is missing).

#3 Sectoid Scientist

Sectoid Scientist

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

Here's my Units folder, can you see any missing files?.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#4 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Those are just the graphic images for them.

What's happening is the game is trying to reveal a race that doesn't exist, and somehow this is causing a memory leak or somet other thing that the computer doesn't like that results in the game crashing to prevent anything serious from happening. It's a bug from UFO, which I didn't realise was still present in TFTD.

I'd suggest you research all the other aliens first and leave the medics until the very end.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 26 October 2011 - 11:14 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#5 Sectoid Scientist

Sectoid Scientist

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, I've been avoiding the Aquatoid Medic and researching everything else. I have the same problem with Enemy Unknown.

#6 Sectoid Scientist

Sectoid Scientist

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, I've been avoiding the Aquatoid Medic and researching everything else. I have the same problem with Enemy Unknown.

#7 Fomka

Fomka

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

Here's my Units folder, can you see any missing files?.

No missing files there, all 44 are present, just like in my installation.

Reply to this topic