#1 jammers

jammers

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi everyone.

I started playing ufo2000 way back in 2003. It's a fantstic project and I'm glad to see people are still playing it :)

So I've been playing it a lot recently with some firends and one thing that has been bugging me is the way you make squads.

Currently you make a squad and have to change each individual unit, which can get quite annoying if you (like me) are forever changing your squad. Most of the time I changed it was from some other template units I had. But the copying and pasting got quite annoying.

So I went through the source and in a couple of hours hacked together a way of adding units to your squad. Insted of copying and pasting units, can save a soldier as template, and then can load it from a template.

I've attached some screenshots and a copy of the windows exe with my patch applied.

Is this of interest?

Cheers,
Jammers

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.png
  • 1.png

Attached Files

Edited by jammers, 04 January 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#2 Fomka

Fomka

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hello!
It's interesting tool to try, even for me, who is not annoyed with copy&paste of soldiers :)
What are you going to do about several weaponsets? Maybe add weaponset name into soldier description?
I did not managed to run your EXE, it requires libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll

#3 jammers

jammers

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hello!
It's interesting tool to try, even for me, who is not annoyed with copy&paste of soldiers :)
What are you going to do about several weaponsets? Maybe add weaponset name into soldier description?
I did not managed to run your EXE, it requires libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll

I don't do anything special about weaponsets. It just saves the soldiers inventory the same way it does when you save squads.

I was thinking of doing a system where you can sort your units you save into different tags. So you can sort them into say, human, aliens. I suppose it would make sense to sort them by weaponsets.

As for the windows problem. I don't actually use windows that much, I just compiled an exe so my friends could play it. I'll fish out the DLL's for you

#4 Fomka

Fomka

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

As for the windows problem. I don't actually use windows that much, I just compiled an exe so my friends could play it. I'll fish out the DLL's for you

Thanks, but I do not urge you to find those DLLs :) Maybe that is the problem of my system that has outdated version of MinGW – I have similar problem when compiling revision 1174. I will try to configure the latest MinGW to compile your code, which is based on revision 1164, as far as I see from the diff file.