• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3749 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:24 PM

Alright, now this is getting out of hand!

Back to the topic!

I feel that we should include little holiday specific eastereggs, like having some/all trees in a mission replaced with christmas trees on dec 25, etc.
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#52 RustedSoul

RustedSoul

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:24 AM

maybe have those turkeys warhamster was talking about with boosted Chryssalid abilites
turkey attacks human soldier ->
soldier becomes uncon and gives birth to 4-6 turkeys
turkey attacks Alien soldier ->
alien becomes uncon and gives birth 4-6..
3 way biff :D, might be going a little too far though

#53 Atlas10101

Atlas10101

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:53 AM

good Idea what are the chances of gettinga mission on chrismas thou? unless it is a random 'save santa' type thing and then what happens you give it to us every year...once in 10? or how do we impliment it?

#54 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2911 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 04:25 AM

That's the idea of an easter-egg. It should be rare so that when it happens, it's cool. And, depending on what day the game will start, Christmas can be very busy UFO time.
There's no need for a sig..

#55 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:10 AM

The aliens usually send a UFO convoy each month to build a base. They could sneak in a little terror mission at the north pole, that most people would abandon in favor of the convoy.
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#56 Whitewashed

Whitewashed

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:39 AM

The aliens usually send a UFO convoy each month to build a base. They could sneak in a little terror mission at the north pole, that most people would abandon in favor of the convoy.

Aliens terrorizing santa's workshop? you got to be kidding :LOL:

#57 Anthraxus

Anthraxus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:20 AM

That would really suck to start a game on christmas eve then. Before you can even get your first base up and moving, you've already missed it for the year.
- Anthraxus
Member of the Old Git Club

"And, as in uffish thought he stood, the Jabberwock, with eyes aflame, came wiffling through the tulgy wood and burbled as it came."

Fortune's Landing LARP - Another of my creations

#58 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2911 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:08 PM

That would really suck to start a game on christmas eve then.  Before you can even get your first base up and moving, you've already missed it for the year.

? :huh?:

#59 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:24 PM

I didn't hear anything about starting a campaign on a specific date. All I know of is Jan.1, 201X. Could you post a link to that thread, Anthraxus?

--Edit: The alien's will force Santa to start making alien entertainment, and to give up all of his Xenium fuel. Santa's sled will be grounded, and Christmas will be ruined! :crying: --

Edited by Robo Dojo 58, 29 January 2004 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.

FMIX-The General Stores

#60 Anthraxus

Anthraxus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:32 PM

I was misunderstood :whatwhat:

What I meant was that if the santa terror site easter egg was included in the finished game, and then you started a game on christmas eve, Since the easter egg would be keyed to your system clock instead of the game time(I guess, since it needs to be rare) unless you played all night the terror site egg would hatch when you load the game on christmas, causing you to get the terror site before you could handle it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the actual release date of V. 1.0
- Anthraxus
Member of the Old Git Club

"And, as in uffish thought he stood, the Jabberwock, with eyes aflame, came wiffling through the tulgy wood and burbled as it came."

Fortune's Landing LARP - Another of my creations

#61 Whitewashed

Whitewashed

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:35 PM

I thought the plan was to make the easter eggs tied to the game clock.

#62 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 07:24 AM

Oh, you must've read about using the system clock to generate a random seed, Anthraxus. That's important for making the game events different every time you play. (been reading the Xenopoly thread? :rolleyes:)

The game can start on the same date all the time, though. I don't think we've decided on an exact game date, yet. Just sometime in the year 201X. It'll probably be adjusted to allow the player to see the easter eggs.

FMIX-The General Stores

#63 Puasonen

Puasonen

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 2911 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:59 AM

Xenocide takes the starting date and clock from your computers clock. And easter-eggs are based on the game time. It would be stupid to have christmas trees in july at game time :D