4 replies to this topic

#1 cheeses-of-nazareth

cheeses-of-nazareth

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:37 AM

These have no function in the game and cannot be researched - at least as far as I know.

Have any of you clever people who spend time looking at the Xcom code figured out what this is / or was supposed to be for yet?

I'm guessing that it might have something to do with the Tasoth Commander bug as I seem to remember something in the Tasoth Ufopedia entry about be ing able to re-animate dead Tasoths.

#2 Jonaleth Irenicus

Jonaleth Irenicus

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:34 AM

I'm having to do a careful analysis of the English.dat file as I'm re-writing a lot of stuff for the new (and hopefully a little better) USOpedia. I'll post something here if I find anything about Alien Re-Animation zone.

(btw, I removed that "if energised briefly revives the creature" thing from Tasoth autopsy. Didn't make any sense anyhow...)
Passenger ship terror site, first turn, I open the door of my Triton, there is a Tasoth up on the next floor (his back is facing the screen so I don't know what weapon he has).

One of my guys fire at him, hit, he reaction fires with Thermal Shock Launcher. The whole crew stunned. Mission over.

#3 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:41 AM

Even if you could research it it's a dead end project, like alien cryogenics. They give only useless information and lead to no other projects.

#4 cheeses-of-nazareth

cheeses-of-nazareth

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:31 AM

Even if you could research it it's a dead end project, like alien cryogenics. They give only useless information and lead to no other projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know that that was the intention?

more info please

#5 Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:08 AM

all alien base facilities are dead end projects. They are only good for simulating info.