2 replies to this topic

#1 rincewind

rincewind

Programming Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 541 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

I just finished merging my boost::fsm based replacement for the old yake-state based UIManager to the main SVN branch (trunk).
This removed the last dependency on yake, the other was the singleton which guiver6 ported over.
This has the advantage of faster build times now and also better opportunities for porting to other platforms (as yake's linux support is rather weak and mac os x non-existant).

What you need to do in order to be able to compile after your next update is to get the boost-complete package from the updater application.

Also, I replaced the macros for event-subscription with a class-based approach that should do better type checking, etc.

After the weekend I will add code that shows how to leverage the state machine to ease dialog handling (for example options) and also refactor the xnet so it can be shown from every point in the game and closing it returns to the right place (all thanks to the magic of boost::fsm).

Greetings,

Rincewind
Posted Image

I love boost!!! The next best thing since the invention of C++.

#2 SupSuper

SupSuper

Programming Department

• 2,418 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:18 PM

so, does this mean we can dump the Yake dependencies?

too bad, now you will never know the ancient secrets of supsupers long gone avatar ;)

Posted Image

#3 rincewind

rincewind

Programming Department

• 541 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:25 PM

so, does this mean we can dump the Yake dependencies?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

=b

yes, we will keep monitoring the yake project to see how the reflection and networking stuff turns out, but for now, no yake required anymore.

Rincewind
Posted Image

I love boost!!! The next best thing since the invention of C++.