• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#101 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:24 PM

You can place them on the ufo if you like, although I wonder if they wouldn't be internal systems to reduce drag when entering the atmosphere?

You should download the block.3ds file linked at the top of the art asset list for scale, it is scaled to represent a 1m square by 2.5m box (or 40 inches square by 100 inches). The asset list is linked at the top of this forum.

#102 Himmler

Himmler

Sergeant

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 02:10 PM

Great, where can i get the Weapon 3DS file though. I got the block file, i just like to keep in with the design. The weapons cant be enclosed totally, maybe a windshear cover that open and closes or like a torpido tube idea, atleast i can go play around with it.

#103 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 08:37 PM

Mikker hasn't finished working on them yet, so he has the only working copy. I would just leave an opening/space similar in proportions to the pics, and later you can scale his model and plug it in where you like.

#104 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:42 PM

Maybe ill be starting working on the laser cannon. But i'm quite buisy At the moment. I have alot of weapons currently to complete.

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#105 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:23 PM

It would be much better to finish up current models before starting new ones. There's no rush on any particular model, take your time. Real life comes before this, we'll still be here.

#106 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:36 AM

New concept of the fusion ball launcher;

Attached Files

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

#107 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:09 AM

nice cool feetback i'm getting...

#108 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:33 AM

heres an opdated version of the quantum cannon, the one in the xnet was getting a bit old :)

polycount: 866

Attached Files

#109 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:56 AM

Nice. But the legnth of the weapon is kind of indicative of a beam weapon to me. The old one was more rounded and looked like a missile launcher (which is what the Quantum cannon is.)

Love the design though. We could keep it for V1+ when we add some new beam weapons to the game.
I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#110 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:44 AM

Well, it depends on the method of propulsion for the ammo, right? So a longer barrel or short one is fine IMO.

#111 fux0r666

fux0r666

Alien Concept Task Force

• 1,028 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:04 PM

Quantum cannon sounds like a beam weapon to me. Usually when something in sci-fi mentions quanta they mean quanta of photons..

But at any rate, I think it's fine. The weapon is based on alien technology after all. If it fires torpedos, tho, it ought to have a way of loading said torpedos... and if it's to be external on the craft it ought to have an aerodynamic housing on the rear. Also, I would leave out the method of mounting (if that's what the plane at the top is for) because the mount isn't part of the weapon itself... and having a mount on the model restricts methods for mounting it later.

Comments?

Here I go an angry brother gonna make his move
But can I buck him in the city so I never lose?
See I'm a get him in the crowd with a couple heavies
And lay the barrel to the ground, hold the gat steady
And now I'm ready for my adversary, talk is cheap
I'm looking for a way to make a plan gonna keep it neat
So don't be telling me to get the non-violent spirit
'cause when I'm violent is the only time the devils hear it
'cause all I want to see is m****f***ing brains hanging

Posted Image

#112 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:36 AM

it is supposed to be ablere to house 3 bombs/topedoes, so spacely it shouldn't be hard to contain. Loading could be done from the rear (a hatch that opens up), and the ammo feeder could be something very similar to those 6-shots revolvers?

#113 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• 5,059 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:54 AM

Didn't it fire only 2 shots in XCOM?
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#114 fux0r666

fux0r666

Alien Concept Task Force

• 1,028 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 04:52 AM

If so, there would be nothing really stopping one from loading it tube-style like a shotgun. The thing is snub nosed enough there shouldn't be much problem lining two or three torpedos out behind it provided they have the same sort of shape as the guided footballs in xcom.. but I do like the revolver idea.
................................../.............|...........,----,
.... ________,---------=======-------,/__,'
..||'----] _[--,/ ..[________].....................'')
....'-----------\__[________]________,,--''`.
............................................................`.__\

[cannon]--[loader inside an aerodynamicshell]

note the fins are to disperse turbulence but that may make it look too similar to a bomb.. and the large fin on the top is a 'fastpack' hardpoint.

Here I go an angry brother gonna make his move
But can I buck him in the city so I never lose?
See I'm a get him in the crowd with a couple heavies
And lay the barrel to the ground, hold the gat steady
And now I'm ready for my adversary, talk is cheap
I'm looking for a way to make a plan gonna keep it neat
So don't be telling me to get the non-violent spirit
'cause when I'm violent is the only time the devils hear it
'cause all I want to see is m****f***ing brains hanging

Posted Image

#115 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:59 AM

steady.........steady.........

BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

If you're in doubt, this is supposed to be the fussion launcher bomb.

Attached Files

#116 Breunor

Breunor

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:16 PM

That's a nice start for the design, I can see animated, emmisive textures in there giving it a powerful look. Remember the Universe from Men in Black? Sort of like that, a swirling inside to represent the Xenium and whatever else is used to make it.

#117 Vaaish

Vaaish

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

I agree with Bruenor, its a good start but it needs a bit more refining. I'd have to take a look at the CTD entry for it but IMO the pannels on the sides should be inset a instead ofbreaking the aerodynamic lines and add a outer shell over the nose similar to todays missiles.

#118 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:25 PM

but IMO the pannels on the sides should be inset a instead ofbreaking the aerodynamic lines

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like this?

Attached Files

#119 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:52 PM

Oh yeah, about that Quantum Projectile, I'm not really sure about that one... looks like a cocktail shaker to me :)
edit: ok, that was about the first one, although I still think the same way, if slightly less. I think designing a projectile like this is pretty hard. It has to look agressive/dangerous, sleek and simple yet complicated, all at once...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh. Yeah. A coctail shaker. It'll fit nicely with my hair-drier, right? :unsure:

Xenocide 2: Terror of the Gadgets :LOL:

hmmm....any ideas to improve my shaker? Does the ends need improvement? I'll try to see about the misiles.

#120 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• 5,059 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:20 PM

hmmm....any ideas to improve my shaker? Does the ends need improvement? I'll try to see about the misiles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well... I don't know :blink:
What I wouldn't do is make it look more like a missile however, it has to keep that alien feel to it

Another thought crosses my mind: do we need a UFOPaedia entry for the craft ammo? The original game didn't, except for the missiles but those didn't show the launchers :wacko:
(besides, if we do add that, I'll have to do that for the craft cannon as well :hammer: )
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#121 Vaaish

Vaaish

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

but IMO the pannels on the sides should be inset a instead ofbreaking the aerodynamic lines

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah thats better. now how about trying a version with the foreshell smoothe instead of panneled to make it look a little sleeker?

#122 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah thats better. now how about trying a version with the foreshell smoothe instead of panneled to make it look a little sleeker?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like....

Attached Files

Edited by mikker, 16 September 2004 - 12:26 PM.

#123 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:52 AM

bumpedy bumpedy bump.

Heres an update with the quantum cannon and my new design of a laser canon - more original then the previous.

Attached Files

#124 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:13 PM

Heres a radically diffrent approch to the Fusion Launcher / Quantum Cannon / Gaia Launcher.

Attached Files

#125 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

Heres a radically diffrent approch to the Fusion Launcher / Quantum Cannon / Gaia Launcher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe not a bad idea, sice the drone has it's own propulsion system and is not propelled by an explosion. So the walls of the launcher don't have to be that thik like in the previous version.
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#126 Vaaish

Vaaish

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:27 PM

I like the front half of it but I think that continuing those line alone into the back half makes it appear too plain. Ther needs to be something on that back half to add interest.

Maybe remove the "intakes" from the front and attach thm on the back and make them wider?

#127 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:18 PM

I tried to make them wider, but it made it look way too bulky. I'll try skinny ones, or simply try something else.

#128 Vaaish

Vaaish

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:53 PM

wider in the sense that they wrap around the casing more, not wider in that they stick out farther.

#129 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 03:44 PM

wider in the sense that they wrap around the casing more, not wider in that they stick out farther.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, that was also what I did, but it appeared wrong.

#130 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:53 PM

OK, back on this one.

I removed the air intakes completely. Made it look too un-sleek, no matter where it was put. Instead, I put this in to counter the now bare area:

Attached Files

#131 Vaaish

Vaaish

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:21 PM

I kinda like it like that... not overly complex but still fits with the existing ones.

#132 Blehm 98

Blehm 98

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:35 AM

i like it too, good job :)
Top Secret Xenocide Status report

BF2 Hackers =5SF= have busted
]sD[ Engageo <-- couldn't get him banned though, no screenshot of him ingame
]sD[Nomisser
an AK guy
The anti-logarithm of the logarithm of X plus the logarithm of Y equals X times Y, or 10^(logX + logY) = XY
Posted Image
I hate spider solitaire...

#133 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• 2,211 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:46 AM

great :)

I'll wrap this up and send it over. Then its time for the plasma cannon.