XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Jammer Probe Missions?

Shinji

Whenever I try to do one of these missions I fail because I can never find the blasted thing, it just sits there with radar saying its behind me all the time. So I fly about looking for it it and can never find it. Sometimes there are even Alien Ships there too but they do not seem to attack either.

So can someone tell me what to do on this sort of mission? I am sure there must be some trick to doing them?

• 2 months later...

Same problem with Windows 2K Pro. You can get around it though, if you save frequently enough in the CSD. When one pops up, load a previous game and it probably won't appear, thanks to random events. It's the same way in the first and second X-COMs: If you save in a battle, and an alien throws a grenade, you can load and it may decide to just shoot. It's still annoying though.

And since your probes have a life limit, maybe these do too, but the problem here is that it jams your research for far too long.

• 1 year later...

yeah, there IS a trick! you can easily solve it with it, and it usually works. maybe u need several tries for it to work.

you need a lightning II with the very first engine, x winder missles and gatling lasers. when the game starts, dont move your ship up, down, or likewise. go on full speed, then start firing your gatling lasers and boosting at the same time. when your weapon energy reaches zero, stop firing lasers and boosting and immediately fire rockets as fast as you can. the probe is gonna blow up behind you. after that the game glitches a little, but you can still hyperspace away, and the glitch wont stay...