XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Getting Rid Of Crashed Ufo's

Exo2000

It's fairly simple, actually. Once the UFO has crashed, hit "M" and click on the ufo to fire the selected ship's weapon's ONCE. Disruptor Cannons are very effecient at "removing" UFOs, in case you want to avoid raiding a UFO (say, your men are really injured) or can't be bothered, and have enough points so that you don't need to worry about it. Usually, just shooting them down is good enough to get more points. Be warned! Not enough points, and the Senate cut funding. (Mainly, around at least -2000 points for an entire week)

Thankfully, I have 3bil creds to spare, so despite the Senate's evil plans to deny funding to me, I can still keep going as a vigilante force. Stupid Senate.

Edited by Exo2000

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. The Senate is pure evil, and I intend to impeach the lot of them (with the help of 7 X-Com bases spread throughout the city) the moment I destroy those pesky aliens. The only problem is that Toxiguns aren't too effective against humans, and disruptor tech goes off-line after the final mission. . .sigh.

Well, one thing I realised when I was playing the game recently was that it's not the aliens manning the ship that are important. If they escape, the consequences are so minimal that you can just ignore it (same goes for ordinary missions - although you may need to go clear out the next building if the infestation builds up too much).

You just have to win the ship - not the aliens. Although the aliens do carry equipment, which I find is one of your main objectives in collecting when you go out on missions.

So if you take it easy and just take on the occasional stray aliens one at a time, and spend as much time as you can charging your shields, it causes less casualties on a ship recovery mission.

Or, hey, just go in and leave the battle. The UFO will vanish.

But I blow them up in the city anyway. Blowing up a UFO still scores you points to keep the senate happy.

- NKF

I just blast 'em. Sometimes if I need guns I'll go in, but otherwise, no way. I have a Engineering Base with 9 255 Engineer Skill Engineers. They can make pretty much anything I need.

It's a nice way of capturing Vortex Mines, as I have recently discovered their power, and I'm using them quite liberally to take out the targets in Alien Buildings.