XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Technology Tree (brainstorming)

gangsta

For each item you've already done, you get a 10% reduction towards the following plasma entry.

Exellent idea! I expect that every item that has a 'predecessor' gets 10% discount, eh?

Hmm, that could lead into 'advanced' research...

Eh, indeed. I like the idea very much so. A reason to research the pistol first!

But instand of ending with a pistol, you could get a beta plasma, with really looks like something in the very early development. It would be heavier then a rocket launcher, and it would be proberly the power of proberly 20 - 50. It should have no auto fire.

We should combine the two ideas. You can research a heavy plasma, but it'll take a while, or you can start by researching a Plasma Prototype and clip, then a pistol and clip, then rifle, then heavy, then cannon. This would take a little longer than just researching heavy straight off, but in the long run you'd have all those other things researched. I think it should be more than 10%, but that's a playtesting issue. Also, the prototype or beta or whatever might be v.1+, but research bonuses are definitely appropriate for v.1

Edited by Fred the Goat