478 replies to this topic

#401 Ruppertus

Ruppertus

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:32 AM

Ok, enough chat already... I will get to work now :)

Greetings
Red Knight

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can I help you with the project?
I'm physicist, know a little bit c/c++, java,
able to use autocad/etc.
and can take part in tranalting english version to other language (e.g. polish if it's needed).

Robert
ruppertus(at)gmail(dot)com

#402 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:06 AM

How can I help you with the project?
I'm physicist, know a little bit c/c++, java,
able to use autocad/etc.
and can take part in tranalting english version to other language (e.g. polish if it's needed).

Robert
ruppertus(at)gmail(dot)com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Ruppertus!

We are always in need of talented programmers and 3D artists. I suggest you take a look at our recruiting process documentation. And write a short application either to Red Knight or Vaaish, depending on what department you would likt to work in at first. (At first, because you won't be limited to one department, it's just a priorization, not a limitation.)

Please don't hesitate to PM me or any other Senior if you have any questions left.

Welcome to Project Xenocide!

All the best

Mad

Ps.: This wasn't exactly the right spot, so I moved your post (to a better although not perfect place). :)
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#403 Jaipers

Jaipers

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:25 AM

And might I say as well I'm very committed to the cause of this new work of computational art. I like the feel I like the current stuf. It excites me to the point of erect.... uh forget that last bit. I like it alot and would give what ever I can to help it go 1.0.

#404 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:35 AM

Hello Jaipers and welcome to Project Xenocide!

Thanks for your compliments! We are always happy to hear our work is apreciated by the web community.
At the moment, we don't have a high need for playtesters. Nevertheless, as the code will get more complex, our needs will rise. You are very welcome to do an in-depth test of the next progress release as soon as it will be published. (Which might still take some time, since we rewrote the whole code.)
However, if you are an able programmer with skills in Python or C++, or a talented writer, sound or design artist, you are more then welcome to join the development team. Please note our Recruiting docs.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions left. :)

Best regards

Mad

Ps.: At the moment we are in need of talented webdesigners as well. If you not only have knowledge of Java, but as well of MySQL and PHP, please PM me ASAP :)

Edited by Mad, 21 June 2006 - 03:43 AM.

Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#405 anen

anen

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

can some one replay to my post in the art section.
Sir Anen Von Sulecin
Sorry for my English :)
Working in progress :D

#406 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:59 PM

can some one replay to my post in the art section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, could you please post a link?
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#407 RevRaven

RevRaven

Rookie

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

Shucks howdy and hello! I am interested in applying for the Creative Text Department. I have been a fan of the original series since the original X-COM, and have even written some stuff previously (but never released it online or anything) that's X-COM related.

I have had a few articles published online before, mostly editorials. One got Slashdotted back in 2000, which I'm proud of on a dorky level.

Anyways, this project sounds very interesting and I would like to be involved with it if possible. Thanks for the consideration!

--Reverend Raven

#408 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:27 AM

Shucks howdy and hello! I am interested in applying for the Creative Text Department. I have been a fan of the original series since the original X-COM, and have even written some stuff previously (but never released it online or anything) that's X-COM related.

I have had a few articles published online before, mostly editorials. One got Slashdotted back in 2000, which I'm proud of on a dorky level.

Anyways, this project sounds very interesting and I would like to be involved with it if possible. Thanks for the consideration!

--Reverend Raven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Reverend Raven!

Sorry I kept you waiting, but I was "out of the office" :)
Please read our Recruiting procedures and PM me with one of your older writings or the mentioned ficitional entry for the XNet.
I'm looking froward to your application PM!

Best wishes, and welcome to Project Xenocide!

Mad
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#409 Sevis

Sevis

Rookie

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to apply to the Programming Department but I decided that I do not have the experience so here I am in the creative writing. Could someone please explain where I have to PM the piece of writing that the instructions said I have to have?

Sevis

#410 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:39 AM

Hi Sevis and welcome to Project Xenocide!

As described in the wiki,

As an additional application process for the Creative text Department:

- If you want to apply as creative text writer, please submit a short fictional entry for our X-Net. This entry may deal with any technology, facility or lifeform you can come up with. This is to allow us to get a short overview of your creative as well as your writing skills.

Once you have completed this text, please send it, together with a short application, via PM to Mad (http://www.xcomufo.c...p?showuser=4646) or via email to mad(at)projectxenocide.com.

please send the PM with your CT to me.

Best wishes

Mad
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#411 Metalfrenchtoast

Metalfrenchtoast

Sergeant

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hey guys,

You've probably seen a couple posts of mine in the labs, but I'd really like to actually help with V1. Daydreaming in the labs doesn't really help with the actual task at hand. I can do anything from write X-net entries to just giving helpful friendly input. I don't really have any professional writing experience but I am a capable typist and will write pretty much anything that needs to be written, and I'll try my best to help rather than hurt the process. I have a whole lot of time on my hands these days, so that aspect isn't a problem. Also if this helps at all, I did write some short stories based on Battle Tech as a youngster.

I'm not quite sure if I get the process of application completely. Should I just PM somebody with a little content, or do I need permission first?

Anyhow, if you're interested in letting me help, please point me in the right direction and I'll definately go there.

Edited by Metalfrenchtoast, 14 July 2006 - 03:02 PM.

Ya gotta scrub them, scrub them, dirty toes,
Ya gotta warsh them, warsh them, filthy clothes,
Ya gotta blow that, blow that, runny nose,
And then God knows, Ya might get clean

Morning Forty Federation
"Stinky"

#412 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

Hi Metalfrenchtoast!

We would like to welcome you in the development team of Xenocide! Please read the CTD recruiting procedures and PM me with a fictional XNet entry.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards

Mad
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#413 Steelion

Steelion

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

I Figure I could help out with X-net entries, since I am pretty good at describing tech. Most of my input will be in the form of equipment X-net entries, I figure. I'll give it a shot.
What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm?
What is a thought, compared to the mind?
--
I R A SILLY GOOSE, apparently. Go figure.
--

I'm not dead! Really!

#414 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:08 AM

Contacted via PM
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#415 EHUDs_Rhino

EHUDs_Rhino

Squaddie

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:33 PM

I'd like to be a CTD monkey team member. Sign me up!

#416 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

I'd like to be a CTD monkey team member. Sign me up!

Contacted
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#417 Lap

Lap

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

I'd like to join.

I prefer game design/balance and level design but I also have done a lot of background/description text as well as advanced scripting.

I have created the following previous works:

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 & 3: Multiple maps

Dink Smallwood-Morack and the Pillbugs
Revenge of the Cast

Battlezone 2-First public Strategy Guide

Total Annhilation-Map, Squares

Empire Earth-First User Campaign, "Liberation"

Medieval Total War: Strategy Guide (Gamesfaqs)

Combat Mission Levels-heck on the Hills
Preparez Vos Armes

Morrowind-Infernal Summoning
The UnRealWorld-Background writing and Strategy Guide

Oblivion-Inebriation
Lap's Spellpack
Security Rebalance

Probably done so more crappy stuff but whatever.

#418 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:30 AM

Hello Lap and welcome to Project Xenocide!

Please familiarize yourself with our recruitment procedures described in our wiki and contact me via PM.
I'm looking forward to your application CT!

Best regards

Mad
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#419 Ghost5831

Ghost5831

Sergeant

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

Hey, ive been posting ideas in the forums recently and I would like to help with Project Xenocide....I have plenty of ideas but I would like to join the creative writing team so please sign me up!
Sending my sample to Mad...
Your Spoon is no match for my Sniper Rifle

#420 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

Hey, ive been posting ideas in the forums recently and I would like to help with Project Xenocide....I have plenty of ideas but I would like to join the creative writing team so please sign me up!

got it! Thanks you! :)
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#421 Ghost5831

Ghost5831

Sergeant

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:36 PM

got it! Thanks you! :)

updated my sample as requested and a copy has been sent

#422 Ghost5831

Ghost5831

Sergeant

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:51 AM

Hello people, I have a problem, my Internet has been temporarily revoked and I may not have a home connection for up to 3months, as im only a recruit I cant post in "Lost and Found" but please do not put me back down to a Forum Member

Thanks
Ghost

#423 QuailLover

QuailLover

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

Hey I've been following this for a while and was wondering if you needed some more creative writers. If so I'll send in some of my works.

#424 kafros

kafros

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:09 AM

We never have enough people ;)

You can/should read the Recruiting Process in the wiki. Send a copy of your portofolio (via PM) to Red Knight and CC (carbon copy) it to Mad.

Welcome to Project Xenocide, and I hope you'll have a great time :)

#425 Chaos

Chaos

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hi there,

I would like to join the Creative Text Department.

I am not a native English speaker, but I hope this will not be problem. I dont want to appear immodest but I *have* been told by several Americans that my written English was better than theirs. B)

I have done some non-fiction writing before, for example this essay of game theory, although I suppose economics is not a field that is of much help working at this game. Although... some of things I see in computer games, concering balance sheets and the profit-and-loss statements, are really grating to me - for example booking investments as losses. =p This would be Enron-level stuff in the real world! Okay, enough of the rant, I just had to get this out of my system, and I would be very happy to help making sure that Xenocide gets this straight. And of course I would be happy to help on other things, too.

Besides, I also have some experience doing German-English and English-German translations, though Im not a professional, and Im ready to help with that for Xenocide if it needs doing.

#426 Guest_fox_river_*

Guest_fox_river_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

Hi, I want to help translating the game text to spanish.

#427 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

Hi, I want to help translating the game text to spanish.

Hi fox_river!

At the moment we are not in need for translators, but please feel free to re-apply as soon as we post a job opening for translators!

Best regards

Mad

Edited by Mad, 15 November 2006 - 02:09 PM.

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#428 Dwarmin

Dwarmin

Squaddie

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hey everyone. I only just recently found this game, after playing the first game-I think I could help with the writing. I was in my school newspaper! if that helps. :D

#429 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:38 AM

Hey everyone. I only just recently found this game, after playing the first game-I think I could help with the writing. I was in my school newspaper! if that helps. :D

Helps if you wrote sth. in it... ;)
Welcome to Project Xenocide!
Please follow the recruiting procedures described in our wiki! http://docs.projectx...ruiting_Process

Looking forward to your application!
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#430 Tsereve

Tsereve

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:07 AM

I was in this before, but found that *cough* other stuff *cough* got in the way, and sooner or later I became inactive and got dropped...I'm hoping to get reinstated into the CTD now that I have more time.
Justice will be dispensed by cannonade and cutlass, and all manner of remorseless pieces of metal.

Take one more step, and I swear, I will kill you so hard you will die to death.

#431 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:22 AM

I was in this before, but found that *cough* other stuff *cough* got in the way, and sooner or later I became inactive and got dropped...I'm hoping to get reinstated into the CTD now that I have more time.

Yea, remember you very well. :) Welcome back!

Edited by Mad, 26 November 2006 - 10:22 AM.

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#432 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:03 AM

DENIED, NEXT!

:P

#433 Tsereve

Tsereve

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:18 AM

Some things never change....

*slaps Az with a frozen fish*
Justice will be dispensed by cannonade and cutlass, and all manner of remorseless pieces of metal.

Take one more step, and I swear, I will kill you so hard you will die to death.

#434 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

DENIED, NEXT!

:P

ROFL
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#435 kafros

kafros

Creative Text Department

• 1,800 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

Good to have you back again everest, eeeeeeeeeerm xmi xmi Tsereve!!! :D

#436 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

Well, if you need any help creating more weapons and aliens, Just ask meeeee.. I play too many video games x_X
And I would also like to help in the tactical ideas and perhaps even tutorial writing :O
Me: Magic Eight Ball, do alien beings inhabit the earth?

Eight Ball: For the love of God, would you stop jiggling me! How can I predict the future when I'm about to throw up?!

#437 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the kind offer! But actually we would be in need of writers finishing the existing XNet Entries. This would all be about taking an existing text and working on it to extend it with own ideas and making it v1 compatible. The second thing we would need writers for is the documentation. This document specifies the what and how of PX. Every item, every mission, every screen, every tactic used by the AI in Xenocide has to be described in detail for the programmers and artists to "materialise" it in the game. This document is of grave importance so that everyone is on the same page and changing members of the development team always know what the goal is.
So, Sumo - and just like you, everybody else interested in joining the X-Corps - if you would be interested in helping on this, please don't be shy to contact me. But be warned, it will be a lot of work, and a lot of self-initiative is expected of you. It will not be easy all the time, and there will be setbacks from time to time, but if you love the X-COM games as much as we do, and if you're willing to contribute a lot of time, then you will get very much out of it. This is the one thing I can promise.
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#438 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

Well, I honestly only play X-Com at this time as an escape from more modern games with no playability and only nice graphics.. xD..
But Yeah. I dont really have alot of things to do.. :X
..And also sadly I didnt like X-Com 1 or 2, only 3.. xD..
So I really dont think you guys will put up with me for much of it.. so I am here by removing my request.. Boy Im a silly **** x.x..

[Edit by Zombie: watch the language, we have young ears here]. ;)

Edited by Zombie, 31 January 2007 - 12:39 AM.

Me: Magic Eight Ball, do alien beings inhabit the earth?

Eight Ball: For the love of God, would you stop jiggling me! How can I predict the future when I'm about to throw up?!

#439 fux0r666

fux0r666

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:03 AM

I'm not sure the pejorative was necessary.

Here I go an angry brother gonna make his move
But can I buck him in the city so I never lose?
See I'm a get him in the crowd with a couple heavies
And lay the barrel to the ground, hold the gat steady
And now I'm ready for my adversary, talk is cheap
I'm looking for a way to make a plan gonna keep it neat
So don't be telling me to get the non-violent spirit
'cause when I'm violent is the only time the devils hear it
'cause all I want to see is m****f***ing brains hanging

Posted Image

#440 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:18 AM

[...]
So I really dont think you guys will put up with me for much of it.. so I am here by removing my request.. Boy Im a silly **** x.x..

Sorry to hear this. And no, you're not silly at all. We get this a lot. People are enthusiastic to work with us, and they really make good contributions. But as soon as it's getting a bit rougher a lot of them leave. I didn't want to scare you, but it's a simple fact that it's not always sunshine around here, and I just lack the time to break in someone who will be gone after a week or two. So I just wanted to make sure you - and everyone else applying in the future know that it's hard work. Nevertheless, not to decry PX - it is fun, otherwise I wouldn't be here. :)
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#441 kashyyk

kashyyk

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

Im willing to help write fluff for the x-net, background story ect.

i hope you can count on me :)

#442 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:50 PM

Im willing to help write fluff for the x-net, background story ect.

i hope you can count on me :)

Sounds good. Could you please send me a few examples of your work? Or, maybe you could just send me a few fluffs for CTs without?
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#443 kashyyk

kashyyk

Rookie

• Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:07 AM

will do mad.

#444 Woolridge

Woolridge

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi everyone, I'd like to help out with this project, translating texts into Spanish. I'm quite familiar with the XCOM background, and I think I can do fine.

Regards.

Edit: Just saw another post in which you said you are not in need of translators, therefore removing my appliance. :) Tell us when the project is ready for us to translate.

Good luck guys, this seems promising. ;)

Edited by Woolridge, 03 May 2007 - 03:55 PM.

#445 gufu

gufu

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:58 PM

Um.. what does Creative Text Departments job is?
Proud member of Commanders Tommy fan club.

#446 tzuchan

tzuchan

Xnet Proof Task Force

• 502 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

Um.. what does Creative Text Departments job is?

Creative Text Department's job is to write the X-Net Articles explaining the various items/research that the player can access. Currently though, we seem to be more occupied with revising and proofreading the articles as most, if not all of the required texts already have a usable draft. Nevertheless, there is still a lot of work to be done and any help is much appreciated. Also, there are plans to translate Xenocide into different languages. That means that people with translation skills will be needed.

In less complex terms, the Artwork Department draws, and we figure out how the things they drew work.
tzuchan - the last sane CTD writer
- Writer of the Anti-Astyanax Gun CT
- Read my X-Com Profile
Main reason I've got no free time anymore:
Posted Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#447 gufu

gufu

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

I am a native Russian speaker... any way I can help?
Proud member of Commanders Tommy fan club.

#448 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:46 PM

I am a native Russian speaker... any way I can help?

Well, if you like, I suppose you could always start finished texts into russian. But you have to be sure to not make any mistakes, and you really should be sure that you can keep working alone a long time, because a) I know noone but Asty who could help you, and he is needed elsewhere and B) there is no sense in starting translation if you already know you will never finish all texts. PM me if you really want to give it a try.

Edited by Mad, 18 October 2007 - 01:47 PM.

Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image

#449 Ruivo

Ruivo

Sergeant

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

I don't know if one more translation proposal is of any interest, but i can write both english and portuguese fluently (i'm brazilian), and i also have a whole lot of time to spend till february, since right now: I'm not studying, do tedious work 6 hours per day (doing nothing for about 2 hours), and don't have any PC right now (other than a p2 333mhz armada 1750.. only runs x-com and starcraft for me)

I also used to do some heavy clan-fiction writing, back when i owned a Freelancer clan (Union Aerospace Corporation at Crossfire 24/7), so i would be glad to add any amount of helpfull cents whenever possible :)

Edited by Ruivo, 21 October 2007 - 11:16 PM.

In your darkest dreams...

#450 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• 1,958 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:31 AM

I don't know if one more translation proposal is of any interest, but i can write both english and portuguese fluently (i'm brazilian), and i also have a whole lot of time to spend till february, since right now: I'm not studying, do tedious work 6 hours per day (doing nothing for about 2 hours), and don't have any PC right now (other than a p2 333mhz armada 1750.. only runs x-com and starcraft for me)

I also used to do some heavy clan-fiction writing, back when i owned a Freelancer clan (Union Aerospace Corporation at Crossfire 24/7), so i would be glad to add any amount of helpfull cents whenever possible :)

So, why don't you write some contributions to active texts and PM them to me and we'll see if you can't help us out with the english-language CTs at the moment?
Keep smiling while dying

Posted Image