Guest Syntax Error

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I help you with the project?

I'm physicist, know a little bit c/c++, java,

able to use autocad/etc.

and can take part in tranalting english version to other language (e.g. polish if it's needed).

Robert

ruppertus(at)gmail(dot)com

Hi Ruppertus!

We are always in need of talented programmers and 3D artists. I suggest you take a look at our recruiting process documentation. And write a short application either to Red Knight or Vaaish, depending on what department you would likt to work in at first. (At first, because you won't be limited to one department, it's just a priorization, not a limitation.)

Please don't hesitate to PM me or any other Senior if you have any questions left.

Welcome to Project Xenocide!

All the best

Mad

Ps.: This wasn't exactly the right spot, so I moved your post (to a better although not perfect place). :)

• 2 weeks later...
And might I say as well I'm very committed to the cause of this new work of computational art. I like the feel I like the current stuf. It excites me to the point of erect.... uh forget that last bit. I like it alot and would give what ever I can to help it go 1.0.

Hello Jaipers and welcome to Project Xenocide!

Thanks for your compliments! We are always happy to hear our work is apreciated by the web community.

At the moment, we don't have a high need for playtesters. Nevertheless, as the code will get more complex, our needs will rise. You are very welcome to do an in-depth test of the next progress release as soon as it will be published. (Which might still take some time, since we rewrote the whole code.)

However, if you are an able programmer with skills in Python or C++, or a talented writer, sound or design artist, you are more then welcome to join the development team. Please note our Recruiting docs.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions left. :)

Best regards

Mad

Ps.: At the moment we are in need of talented webdesigners as well. If you not only have knowledge of Java, but as well of MySQL and PHP, please PM me ASAP :)

Edited by Mad

• 2 weeks later...

Shucks howdy and hello! I am interested in applying for the Creative Text Department. I have been a fan of the original series since the original X-COM, and have even written some stuff previously (but never released it online or anything) that's X-COM related.

I have had a few articles published online before, mostly editorials. One got Slashdotted back in 2000, which I'm proud of on a dorky level.

Anyways, this project sounds very interesting and I would like to be involved with it if possible. Thanks for the consideration!

--Reverend Raven

Shucks howdy and hello! I am interested in applying for the Creative Text Department. I have been a fan of the original series since the original X-COM, and have even written some stuff previously (but never released it online or anything) that's X-COM related.

I have had a few articles published online before, mostly editorials. One got Slashdotted back in 2000, which I'm proud of on a dorky level.

Anyways, this project sounds very interesting and I would like to be involved with it if possible. Thanks for the consideration!

--Reverend Raven

Hi Reverend Raven!

Sorry I kept you waiting, but I was "out of the office" :)

Please read our Recruiting procedures and PM me with one of your older writings or the mentioned ficitional entry for the XNet.

I'm looking froward to your application PM!

Best wishes, and welcome to Project Xenocide!

Mad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I wanted to apply to the Programming Department but I decided that I do not have the experience so here I am in the creative writing. Could someone please explain where I have to PM the piece of writing that the instructions said I have to have?

Sevis

Hi Sevis and welcome to Project Xenocide!

As described in the wiki,

As an additional application process for the Creative text Department:

- If you want to apply as creative text writer, please submit a short fictional entry for our X-Net. This entry may deal with any technology, facility or lifeform you can come up with. This is to allow us to get a short overview of your creative as well as your writing skills.

Once you have completed this text, please send it, together with a short application, via PM to Mad (http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showuser=4646) or via email to mad(at)projectxenocide.com.

please send the PM with your CT to me.

Best wishes

Mad

Hey guys,

You've probably seen a couple posts of mine in the labs, but I'd really like to actually help with V1. Daydreaming in the labs doesn't really help with the actual task at hand. I can do anything from write X-net entries to just giving helpful friendly input. I don't really have any professional writing experience but I am a capable typist and will write pretty much anything that needs to be written, and I'll try my best to help rather than hurt the process. I have a whole lot of time on my hands these days, so that aspect isn't a problem. Also if this helps at all, I did write some short stories based on Battle Tech as a youngster.

I'm not quite sure if I get the process of application completely. Should I just PM somebody with a little content, or do I need permission first?

Anyhow, if you're interested in letting me help, please point me in the right direction and I'll definately go there.

Edited by Metalfrenchtoast

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to join.

I prefer game design/balance and level design but I also have done a lot of background/description text as well as advanced scripting.

I have created the following previous works:

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 & 3: Multiple maps

Dink Smallwood-Morack and the Pillbugs

Revenge of the Cast

Battlezone 2-First public Strategy Guide

Total Annhilation-Map, Squares

Empire Earth-First User Campaign, "Liberation"

Medieval Total War: Strategy Guide (Gamesfaqs)

Combat Mission Levels-heck on the Hills

Preparez Vos Armes

Morrowind-Infernal Summoning

The UnRealWorld-Background writing and Strategy Guide

Oblivion-Inebriation

Lap's Spellpack

Security Rebalance

Probably done so more crappy stuff but whatever.

Hello Lap and welcome to Project Xenocide!

Please familiarize yourself with our recruitment procedures described in our wiki and contact me via PM.

I'm looking forward to your application CT!

Best regards

Mad

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, ive been posting ideas in the forums recently and I would like to help with Project Xenocide....I have plenty of ideas but I would like to join the creative writing team so please sign me up!

Sending my sample to Mad...

Hey, ive been posting ideas in the forums recently and I would like to help with Project Xenocide....I have plenty of ideas but I would like to join the creative writing team so please sign me up!

got it! Thanks you! :)

got it! Thanks you! :)

updated my sample as requested and a copy has been sent

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people, I have a problem, my Internet has been temporarily revoked and I may not have a home connection for up to 3months, as im only a recruit I cant post in "Lost and Found" but please do not put me back down to a Forum Member

Thanks

Ghost

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I would like to join the Creative Text Department.

I am not a native English speaker, but I hope this will not be problem. I don´t want to appear immodest but I *have* been told by several Americans that my written English was better than theirs. B)

I have done some non-fiction writing before, for example this essay of game theory, although I suppose economics is not a field that is of much help working at this game. Although... some of things I see in computer games, concering balance sheets and the profit-and-loss statements, are really grating to me - for example booking investments as losses. =p This would be Enron-level stuff in the real world! Okay, enough of the rant, I just had to get this out of my system, and I would be very happy to help making sure that Xenocide gets this straight. And of course I would be happy to help on other things, too.

Besides, I also have some experience doing German-English and English-German translations, though I´m not a professional, and I´m ready to help with that for Xenocide if it needs doing.

• 2 months later...
Hi, I want to help translating the game text to spanish.

Hi fox_river!

At the moment we are not in need for translators, but please feel free to re-apply as soon as we post a job opening for translators!

Best regards

Mad

Edited by Mad

Hey everyone. I only just recently found this game, after playing the first game-I think I could help with the writing. I was in my school newspaper! if that helps. :D

Helps if you wrote sth. in it... ;)

Welcome to Project Xenocide!

Please follow the recruiting procedures described in our wiki! http://docs.projectxenocide.com/index.php/...ruiting_Process

Looking forward to your application!

I was in this before, but found that *cough* other stuff *cough* got in the way, and sooner or later I became inactive and got dropped...I'm hoping to get reinstated into the CTD now that I have more time.

I was in this before, but found that *cough* other stuff *cough* got in the way, and sooner or later I became inactive and got dropped...I'm hoping to get reinstated into the CTD now that I have more time.

Yea, remember you very well. :) Welcome back!

Edited by Mad

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the kind offer! But actually we would be in need of writers finishing the existing XNet Entries. This would all be about taking an existing text and working on it to extend it with own ideas and making it v1 compatible. The second thing we would need writers for is the documentation. This document specifies the what and how of PX. Every item, every mission, every screen, every tactic used by the AI in Xenocide has to be described in detail for the programmers and artists to "materialise" it in the game. This document is of grave importance so that everyone is on the same page and changing members of the development team always know what the goal is.

So, Sumo - and just like you, everybody else interested in joining the X-Corps - if you would be interested in helping on this, please don't be shy to contact me. But be warned, it will be a lot of work, and a lot of self-initiative is expected of you. It will not be easy all the time, and there will be setbacks from time to time, but if you love the X-COM games as much as we do, and if you're willing to contribute a lot of time, then you will get very much out of it. This is the one thing I can promise.

Well, I honestly only play X-Com at this time as an escape from more modern games with no playability and only nice graphics.. xD..

But Yeah. I dont really have alot of things to do.. :X

..And also sadly I didnt like X-Com 1 or 2, only 3.. xD..

So I really dont think you guys will put up with me for much of it.. so I am here by removing my request.. Boy Im a silly **** x.x..

[Edit by Zombie: watch the language, we have young ears here]. ;)

Edited by Zombie

[...]

So I really dont think you guys will put up with me for much of it.. so I am here by removing my request.. Boy Im a silly **** x.x..

Sorry to hear this. And no, you're not silly at all. We get this a lot. People are enthusiastic to work with us, and they really make good contributions. But as soon as it's getting a bit rougher a lot of them leave. I didn't want to scare you, but it's a simple fact that it's not always sunshine around here, and I just lack the time to break in someone who will be gone after a week or two. So I just wanted to make sure you - and everyone else applying in the future know that it's hard work. Nevertheless, not to decry PX - it is fun, otherwise I wouldn't be here. :)

• 1 month later...
Im willing to help write fluff for the x-net, background story ect.

i hope you can count on me :)

Sounds good. Could you please send me a few examples of your work? Or, maybe you could just send me a few fluffs for CTs without?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'd like to help out with this project, translating texts into Spanish. I'm quite familiar with the XCOM background, and I think I can do fine.

Regards.

Edit: Just saw another post in which you said you are not in need of translators, therefore removing my appliance. :) Tell us when the project is ready for us to translate.

Good luck guys, this seems promising. ;)

Edited by Woolridge

• 5 months later...
Um.. what does Creative Text Departments job is?

Creative Text Department's job is to write the X-Net Articles explaining the various items/research that the player can access. Currently though, we seem to be more occupied with revising and proofreading the articles as most, if not all of the required texts already have a usable draft. Nevertheless, there is still a lot of work to be done and any help is much appreciated. Also, there are plans to translate Xenocide into different languages. That means that people with translation skills will be needed.

In less complex terms, the Artwork Department draws, and we figure out how the things they drew work.

I am a native Russian speaker... any way I can help?

Well, if you like, I suppose you could always start finished texts into russian. But you have to be sure to not make any mistakes, and you really should be sure that you can keep working alone a long time, because a) I know noone but Asty who could help you, and he is needed elsewhere and B) there is no sense in starting translation if you already know you will never finish all texts. PM me if you really want to give it a try.

Edited by Mad

I don't know if one more translation proposal is of any interest, but i can write both english and portuguese fluently (i'm brazilian), and i also have a whole lot of time to spend till february, since right now: I'm not studying, do tedious work 6 hours per day (doing nothing for about 2 hours), and don't have any PC right now (other than a p2 333mhz armada 1750.. only runs x-com and starcraft for me)

I also used to do some heavy clan-fiction writing, back when i owned a Freelancer clan (Union Aerospace Corporation at Crossfire 24/7), so i would be glad to add any amount of helpfull cents whenever possible :)

Edited by Ruivo

I don't know if one more translation proposal is of any interest, but i can write both english and portuguese fluently (i'm brazilian), and i also have a whole lot of time to spend till february, since right now: I'm not studying, do tedious work 6 hours per day (doing nothing for about 2 hours), and don't have any PC right now (other than a p2 333mhz armada 1750.. only runs x-com and starcraft for me)

I also used to do some heavy clan-fiction writing, back when i owned a Freelancer clan (Union Aerospace Corporation at Crossfire 24/7), so i would be glad to add any amount of helpfull cents whenever possible :)

So, why don't you write some contributions to active texts and PM them to me and we'll see if you can't help us out with the english-language CTs at the moment?